Chapter 10: Turning The Tides

Start from the beginning

Wendy's ears went down. Geez, and she thought Silver was mad at him. Brushing off what she believed to be a hair from her shoulders, Wendy turned her attention back to the conversation at hand.

"Any further questions or do I need to ask you to step outside for a moment Ms. Rose?" Knuckles side-glanced the pink hedgehog, daring her to ask even one more time-consuming question.

Amy looked down, defeated. "No..." Wendy looked over at her. She really didn't want to azure hedgehog to go apparently. Maybe there was something she could do to cheer the pink hedgehog up?

"Alright then." Knuckles turned his attention back to Sonic, who had begun to cross his arms and tap his foot rhythmically on the ground. "So, you up to the task?"

The blue hedgehog smashed his fist into his palm and nodded. "Who do you think you're talking to? I've been waiting to get back at Eggman for those six months he left on the Death Egg."

"It's set then. You'll leave imme-"

"Wait!" Wendy suddenly shouted, causing everyone to jump. "Why don't I go with him?" Knuckles raised an eyebrow. Wendy sighed. "It'll give me more experience and give Amy some peace of mind."

Knuckles sighed and turned away. "I've already answered enough questions about this today. Someone else explain it, if you can that is."

Picking her head up, Amy looked at the wolf. "Thank you for the offer but I don't think you'd be quick enough. You would probably just slow Sonic down and jeopardize the whole mission. Besides, your wispon is beyond repair so you'd be going in without protection! I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened...to either of you."

"I know, but I just...I feel like this would give a better outcome. I don't think Sonic's ready to go it alone quite yet..." The wolf looked glanced at the azure hedgehog who gave a huff in response. Wendy sighed. At least, when they were both on the Death Egg, they watched each other's backs. Sonic may have been scared but the azure hedgehog hid it so well that it would be impossible to spot it. This time though, Sonic didn't seem to be hiding his emotions as well as before. For him to be doing that, something bad could happen if he got too ticked off.

Something nudged her shoulder. Wendy looked over. A red arm was outstretched towards her, the hand attached to it holding another wispon. This one was different though. It was in the shape of a lightning bolt instead of a fire and the color of it was yellow. Out of it popped an unfamiliar wisp. This little guy squeaked once it saw her, though, and popped right back into the weapon.

Knuckles placed the wispon into her hands. "This is one of the only wispons we can spare. I know yours won't work with it, but it would get you back in the fight if you really want to go."

Wendy grabbed firmly onto it and nodded. "Thank you."

"Just don't screw this up." Knuckles walked back to the screen, glimpsing at Amy who appeared to finally be accepting of this. "Alright, let's move. That base isn't going to destroy itself."

💥———✨———💦———✨———💥

Shadow grunted as he placed down a box of medical supplies. The pink cat in the room perked up from the sound and gave a wide smile. "Thanks for helping me with that Shads!" She exclaimed as she bent down to take out a few packaged items.

The ebony hedgehog looked down and turned to walk towards the door. Blossom looked over at him and cocked her head. "Oh no! Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just, I haven't heard anyone call me that in a while."

"That was the nickname Sonic gave you, isn't it?"

"Yes." Shadow never quite liked the name. Every time the Faker would call him that, the two would have a small argument over it that changed absolutely nothing. Although the azure hedgehog irritated him to no end, he was actually starting to miss the banter. Especially now, when he had an annoying task that wasn't even his choice to do.