Chapter 34

The Pope's Familiar left the Hall with with a lowered head. A slight limp in their step as they walked out of the castle and into the courtyard.

A few soldiers stood there, waiting for them. They were all shaking as they stood around the bodies of their companions that had tried to stop them.

The Vessel paid no mind towards them, as a moment later their exit from this country arrived.

The blue beast descended from above, her large size made the few that were still standing back away at the sight.

Words of fear and shock babbled out of their mouths, but neither of them cared.

Big sis, we need to get out of here!

The Vessel looked into the worried eyes of the creature, and climbed aboard them. Then before the soldiers could react, they were off, flying into the sky in the blink of an eye.

Thank goodness I got here before you got hurt big sis!

The creature said towards them, her real voice letting out various purrs and coos.

Silently the Vessel looked down at the blue scales and they could hear the content purring that it was making. She was happy that her 'Big sis' was safe, and she was willing to land right into a danger zone just so she could save them.

A moment later she turned her head so that the beast could face her.

What happened to the others Big sis?

Their black eye sockets glowed.

They're Safe, We Just Need To Get Back To Land.

The beast let out a distressed cry.

Did they leave you?!

The Vessel shook their head.

No. I Simply Stayed Behind.

The Vessel looked at her, her worried face staring back at them.

I Am Glad That You Came For Me.

It didn't take long for them to leave the floating continent, and it only took just a little longer for them to reach the ground. The Vessel didn't wish to return to the port town where they had stolen this beast from, instead they simply landed in a forest.

The Vessel dismounted the beast.

So, shall we go back to the Academy then Big sis?

The worried look was gone now, instead there was a cheerful one on her face.

The Vessel lifted their right hand, and the Runes began to glow.

Go Back To Your Master, You Will Have Forgotten This Encounter Once You See Her Face.

The beast's head wobbled as the Runes took affect, her mind was fighting against the spell at first. But it broke through without any further issues.

Without another sound the beast flew away, their eyes glowing white.

Alone the Vessel began their journey back home.

Thoughts ran through the Vessel's head as they ran through the forest. Even as their form blurred due to the speed that it was running, it's mind was focused on one thing.

Louise, the nice girl that they had thought simply picked up the Vessels was indeed their Master. And one of them was her Familiar, the one that she named Bug.

It was the same Vessel that had freed it from the chains of the Black Egg, the same Vessel that fought them alongside their half-sister, and it was the Vessel that had brought the Void itself to fight against their Ancient Enemy.

They had simply thought them to be another Vessel that looked like them, there were thousands of their Siblings that they had so cruelly abandoned when it wanted to serve their Father.

But Bug was the one that fought them, the Vessel that commanded the Void and Abyss.

When the Runes glowed, showing proof as their status as a Void Familiar, the Vessel remembered how it was the one to hand drawn it out from the Abyss to help with the finishing blow.

And in their haste to 'protect' something that didn't need protecting, they had hurt what their Sibling cared for.

The ground under them cracked as they ran harder and harder.

All it wanted to do in this new world was to atone for their horrible act of hurting their Siblings back when they were first born and remade.

Yet here there were, harming them once more.

No matter they could never call themselves the Hollow Knight anymore.

If you like this story I suggest going to the original source here
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13364110/1/A-Familiar-Void?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=BlLmNiG7wD3LWoiwUzJWPKdLxp3l_5xwxLU3x3Wx1PU-1642438065-0-gaNycGzNCZE

And if you want more like this I suggest going to the original author of this story Rexis19's home page here
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4000073/Rexis19