Chapter 29

"I deeply apologise for what happened here, my ladies."

Marco had been captain of his ship for quite a while. Even though it mainly went to Albion, which was lucky due to the pay for transport towards the floating continent, it still meant that he knew what to expect whenever he took off from La Rochele and into the skies above.

So when a couple of Nobles had asked to board his ship to go on a 'Diplomatic Mission', he hadn't thought much of it besides the pay. Sure, some people would say that it would be suicide to ask for payment from the Nobles, but Marco wasn't exactly a man that was willing to travel to a warzone for some ambiguous mission that they were planning to go to. Besides, he had planned on delaying the shipment until the whole situation at Albion blew over. Pirates and the like had been more than active with the Civil War going on.

That meant that his ship was already air-worthy and all it needed was just the command and the Windstones to carry them. Something that none of the other air ships could say.

Every day, he felt pride at the deal he managed to get with those Insects. Why some people hated them so much, he could never tell.

From the early shipment, and the pay from the Nobles that really wanted to travel to Albion? Well how could he say no to some extra gold. His crew mates obviously didn't.

"We tried our best to stop it, we really did. But we just couldn't handle the situation!"

Of course, like everything amazing that happened, something wrong always followed.

The first was the much much earlier departure that they had agreed on, when the Dragon suddenly showed up they assumed the worst. When the rest came and demanded that they leave, with the woman with the flintlock pistol nearly brandishing the weapon to 'negotiate', they all woke up from their interrupted sleep and begrudgingly agreed. Not without him mentioning that they would need to pay extra.

Then, halfway through the trip, suddenly the Dragon that had scared the crew silly began acting up. It started thrashing around on deck, and before they knew it they had to stay away from the beast before it threw them overboard. None of them wanting to get sent off the ship, but if the Nobles knew that they had just done nothing while their pet flew off, he was sure that they'd be done for. So they tried, and failed to do anything to a blasted Dragon.

Their only solace came when the blonde of the group suddenly walked up from the guest cabins, and waved that wand of hers. Even then she could only delay it from taking off before it flew away.

And now the captain found himself standing, on a wet deck due to said blonde, in front of four angry looking women, one that was dazed, and two weird things that looked like Insects, apologising profusely for his little 'mishap'.

Of the four, the short pink one looked the angriest. But she was quiet, instead holding onto the blonde so that she wouldn't fall over.

There was silence as he finished his apology, before the blue haired one simply turned towards the railing of the ship. She walked towards it, and leaned over.

"She's already gone." She said in a tone so soft he almost didn't catch it.

The red head, Germanian?, followed the blue hair girl "Think we can catch up to her if we turn this ship around?"