6)

"Are you alright?" A voice asked younger Y/N. She turns around to look at the stranger. Were they there to kidnap her?

"Pardon?" she asks, her little voice came through barely audible for the young man to hear. The frightened Twelve-year-old girl backs away where she stood.

Eighteen-year-old Minghao steps forward out from his car, carefully sticks a hand out to her to take. Y/N hesitantly takes his warm hand with her cold ones. His eyes soften at her, he smiles at the little girl.

Carefully, she walk over to his side with awed eyes. Almost like a frightened puppy who is warming up to its savior, Y/N carefully holds onto his sleeves. Minghao chuckles.

"Young Sir she--"

"It's okay. I've seen her a couple of times before. She's a wanderer. Why don't we take her back with us to stay?" The young man slips his arms behind her knees and picks her up off the dirty ground. Her eyes widen at the stranger.

He takes her to his car in the back seat with him and the driver drove them both away.

"What's your name?" The strange boy asks her. Y/N looks back up at her knight in shining armor. She smiles carefully, a bit nervous. Were these men to be trusted?

Minghao hums in response as she replies with nothing.

"Did something happen to you?" He ask the child who said nothing. Y/N kept her eyes on the young man beside her as he softly remain in eye contact with her too.

"I'm Y/N...I ran away from home because mom and dad didn't want me anymore." Minghao furrows his brows. Y/N's eyes brim with tears as she look away, snuggling into the blanket Minghao gave her the moment they entered the classy car.

Minghao look at her in awe, he didn't know what to reply with, is she also like him too? Have nowhere to go home and no parents to give him the love he needs. Y/N, this little girl he had confronted, after watching her wander around the neighborhood he drove by a couple of times, Minghao couldn't help but stop by her side to listen to her story.

But why did he do that? Why did he stop her? What made Minghao decide to pick her up from the sidewalk and tend her with care and love at the home where he lives in a mansion alone, surrounded by men he gathered himself?

Was it because he saw himself in her? Or was it the way she looked at him that night that made him decide to keep her by his side?

Or was it because Minghao knew that if he takes care of her she will become his personal killing machine to help him build the castle he dreamed of?

No...Minghao was never like that.

He took care of Y/N all by himself because he knew he was the only one able to do that task. She was there for him to care for. She was there to keep him sane and remind him that not all people are bad.

She was there to keep him going, to keep him alive and that is why Minghao had decided that these last missions were not going to be given to the girl he had grown close to.

He was not going to let her do these last things for him, because this war is his fight and to let her dip herself in the blood that doesn't concern her isn't something he want her to bathe in.

Minghao wanted to give her all the luxury he can in the world but he knew better than luxuries wasn't what she had wanted.

He is what she wants but Minghao can't give her what she wants just yet. Minghao still hasn't got what he wanted.

Until then...she'll have to wait for him.

"What brings you here Xu Minghao?" The lady in pink fur coat said, she tosses the bag of drugs in her hand over and over in boredom. Minghao glances around the well-built Shanty.

"Where's Seungwoo?" The lady sighs and turns around to call for the man.

"Han Seungwoo! The8 is here," Minghao glances around one more time at the empty place, consisting of drugs.

The built man, in the back, steps out to greet Minghao with a smile. He crosses his arms, flexing his arms slightly, "Minghao...I supposed you've decided that now is the time, isn't it?"

"Not really," said Minghao, "I've decided to come out early to plant my message and my presence before beginning the real plan." Seungwoo blink and then nodded in understanding.

"Where's your little partner in crime? Has she decided to stay out of your troubles now?" He raises an eyebrow. Minghao look away silently which Seungwoo take to note that the Boss had sneaked out without her consent.

"Well, if that's what you want then I suppose I won't mention it. However do be careful," Seungwoo steps forward and hands him a pouch, "Although this may be your hidden turf, the black market still have no proper claims yet." The man pats his shoulder and walks away to the back again. Minghao looks at the pink lady who scoffs.

"If you don't like that little girl why let her follow you around like that for so long? Are you planning to use her till she is no use?"

Minghao shakes his head to deny the accusations, "No...I'm just keeping her beside me because I want to."

Shock by his sudden reply the lady leans over the counter secretively, "Has the Boss fallen for his worker? May I remind you that you're a Mafia boss who has no time for things like that? Besides, I'd be more concerned whether she'll kill me or not if I were you."

Minghao, "Y/N would never do that." The beautiful lady in charge of the drug mart chuckles.

"Oh, and how are you so sure about that? I don't know the story between the two of you, but do be careful because judging by the way she does everything for you I'd be more scared for your life Minghao," Said Irene, "After all, women are scary when they're in love. Especially the ones in the world like ours."

Minghao walk to the exit and stopped. Irene looks at him weirdly until he turns around again.

"If she wanted to kill me she would've done that long ago because I would've let her anyway."

---

How is everybody feeling so far? There's still more to come regarding the story.

Here is Y/N's background.

Enjoy the rest of the line!