30 - 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘏𝘰𝘵

I had never given much thought to how I would die, but dying in the place of someone I love doesn't seem like such a bad way to go.

All the memories of me and her flooded my mind. The first time we met, our first kiss, our first everything, everything we went through together all moved past my eyes in a millisecond before the loud dreading noise popped off and my life was turned upside down.....once again.

Everything seemed to move slowly as I slid my hand down Billie's back, feeling her silky skin and feeling the cold shining silver metal again , in my right hand. I watched Scars finger twitch as she pulled the trigger. The gun fired our way slicing through the freezing air while I extended my heavy hand outwards .

The sound of the bullet pierced past my ear, almost punching a hole into Billie's leg causing her to fall down beside me, screaming in pain. The gushing wound from the bullet that grazed her, bled through her pants soaking the fabric and dripping onto the cold snow, melting the snowflakes away.

I scream Billie's name. My glossy eyes moved back to the ghost's direction, the pistol still in her right hand, emotionless as she lowered the pistol in the direction of Billie's raven coloured hair.

Before I get the chance to breathe my finger kissed the trigger before I drop the gun in the bloody snow and watch Scars chest glow with the darkest shade of red before she collapses.

The body fell to the ground, the spark of life stolen by the cold embrace of death, blood rushing out of her open wounds.

I crawl to Billie getting her fresh watery blood stained on my hands and look at her holding her leg as Ali covers the wound with her red hands.

"Billie, Billie are you okay? Oh my god." I panic watching her face angry with pain and tears dripping off her chin.

"Maddy....a bullet just sliced past my leg so no! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck ." She repeatedly says while Alison takes her sweater off wrapping it tight around the room.

"Um okay, okay..she's fine, there's just a lot of blood. Uhm just go...deal with that I'll take care of her." Alison panics telling me and pointed to the other girl bleeding out across the field.

She is okay, she's alive. I stand up exhaling as I slowly make my way to a stranger I once knew.

I get closer hearing her short gasps for air and begins to lose movement in her body. I fell on my knees feeling more salty tears turn down my face. I still didn't believe it.

Her brown eyes turn to meet with mine as I touch her arm, feeling the warmness I once felt from her start  fade away.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I try speaking through my sore burning throat, dropping to my knees. I'm at a loss for words.

"You don't...love me?" A question slips from her cold lips. I look at her features closer, she's the same person yet completely different.

"I do..I did. It's just....you caused me so much pain for something that could have been avoidable. Why would you do these things for me Scar..why?" My voice cracks as my face floods with tears.

"Because I...needed you back." She says quietly, grabbing my arm tighter as she starts to let go from the world.

"Even though you moved I was never going to leave you...you should have just asked how I felt and maybe we wouldn't be here right now. Maybe...we would be somewhere in Europe in that villa we always talked about..anywhere but here." Memories of my entire life with her caused more pain to run through me, like someone was  stabbing me in the heart and twisting repeatedly.