21 - 𝘉𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘝𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵

I stood in front of the red brick building for the first time in weeks. I picked the skin around my fingers causing them to bleed a little before I nervously walked inside.

I got a pass from gym first period thanks to my mom's call about me being sick last week...and a pass from seeing Billie this morning. I wanted to believe her so much that she wouldn't lie to me again  but I knew I had to go with my head in this rather than my heart.

Sounds of students rambling into lockers, chit chats, shoes squeaking and the smell of cafeteria cookies overwhelmed me as I walked through the grey doors and made my way down the aisle of sage tinted lockers.

History wasn't all that bad. I mean besides from wanting to strangle the girl I sit beside, not to mention the uncomfortable tension between her and Mr. Goode.

"Hellooo baby." Billie's voice whispered in my ear drums as she hugged me from behind.

"Hey Bil." Just fake it, just fake it, I tell myself.

"Is everything alright? You're not still mad at me for eating your muffins yesterday morning right-" She says looking into my eyes as we wait outside our photography class.

"Billie no, I'm sorry I just couldn't really sleep last night. I'm just tired." I try to reassure her not wanting her to ask me more questions. The less she asks the less she knows what's going on in my head.

"Okayyy as long as nothings wrong my love." She kisses my cheek while the teacher opens the door letting us in.

Actually Billie, everything is wrong.

"By the way, Wednesday is a date." She whispers in my ear.

"Wednesday?" I say loudly, making some heads turn.

"Maddy, I missed you! And Wednesday is the football game. How did you forget?" Zoe chimes in behind our desk pulling me into a hug.

"Right right I completely forgot. What time does it start?" I totally forgot about the game. A few weeks ago Billie told me Clearwater high school plays against the neighboring school for the football team.

"It's at 7 I think but it's so cute because everything is Fall thanksgiving vibes and they have like a bunch of pumpkins, and apple bobbing, and games and pumpkin pie and pecan pie and rides and-" Mrs. Miller cuts a very excited Zoe.

"Okay class! A reminder that your final project of your elemental photos are due in 3 weeks. I gave an extra week because of whatever idiot started that fire and made us miss a week's worth of classes. Make sure you hand them in on time or it will be a complete fail. But don't worry you're also going to have this period to work on them so grab your cameras and start shooting! " Mrs. Miller informs us. Damn I completely forgot about the assignment.

I watched Billie's hands as she typed in her password on the school's computer pulling up the photos we had so far. I titled my head back in annoyance as I heard Ali's voice loudly speaking to Robin.

"I guess they aren't fighting anymore?" I whisper over to Bil while we watch Zoe and Jason laughing in the corner with their cameras.

"You know the sun looked really pretty by the windows on the second floor today, we should take some there, plus you would look really good there." Billie says quietly, grabbing her Canon camera from her bag.

"Yeah, let's go." I say before getting up while I catch Ali giving me a glare before she smiles.

We walked over to the stairwell on the opposite side of the classroom while Billie instructed me on how to pose against the white wall beside the window. Her fingers tucked my framed brunette layers behind my ear, feeling the coldness of her silver bulky rings glide along my cheekbone.