Silence lingers and the men glance between each other, Nico's lips twitch and I note that even sitting down he seems like the dangerous one.

Someone finally decides to speak up. "We want Rosso. Where is Rosso?"

Nico purses his lips as if in thought for a moment and I know that if his hands weren't tied, he'd be rubbing his jaw. "Now that's none of your fucking business." He sighs dramatically.

Nico eyes glance around the room and his lips stretch into a satisfied smile. But I don't get to see it for long because the next thing I know, one of the men are moving forward and throwing a punch right across his face.

Nicos head veers back, my fists clench at my sides and I glance down, contemplating what I could do.

I couldn't stand yet, nor was I sure that I could aim and shoot five men.

I was helpless.

"Jesus," I snap my eyes back up at Nico who stretches his head from side to side, "For someone with such a fat fucking head, you sure do punch like a little bitch."

Another man brings his fist forward and Nico's head rears to the other side. 

I withhold a sigh.

"Who is Rosso?" The man barks.

"Come on now," Nico faces forward, confidently running his tongue along his front teeth, as if there isn't two bruises forming on his face and blood oozing out of his cut. "I can't tell you that shit."

"Search him." And with that command, two men move forward, one of them ripping open Nico's shirt to reveal his toned chest where he's got a gun tucked into his waistband.

"If you wanted to get me naked, you could have just said that." He grunts, and a little piece of my heart dies when one of the men grab Nico's gun and point it at his head, while another one lands a punch, this time in his stomach.

Nico blinks long and hard, and just when I think they've knocked him out cold, he lifts his head and smiles. "Keep them coming. I get off on this shit."

"Enough." Comes a different voice. The room goes silent, footsteps echo and I duck behind the wall when I see one of the men turn their head in my direction. "For now."

Only I don't need to see who it is to recognize that voice.

Rico - Spenser. Whatever his name is.

My hand itches to move down to grab the gun but I stop myself. I'm not the best shot, Nico is.

I peek back around the corner to see Nico spitting a pool of blood by Rico's feet. Nico's face is calm and unbothered, the only hint of emotion being when he rolls his eyes like he's fed up.

Nico simply rolls his eyes.

There's no fear, concern or anger on his face. He just rolls his eyes before chuckling, but it's more of an annoyed chuckle. "Now I get it." Rico's back is to me, but I still recognize him as the shortest amongst all the other big men. "This power trip is stroking that big fat ego of yours, isn't it?"