fifteen

he let his eyes drift over your sleeping form

he let his eyes drift over your sleeping form. mark was so conflicted with himself. after seeing you cry like that for hours and then peacefully falling asleep, he didn't understand how you could be so lonely. you didn't look lonely, but he could just tell.

when you hold onto him, you ask for more. when you talk to him, you let your words linger. when you look at him, your eyes tell him to stay. mark wanted to comfort you and keep you within reach so he could tend to you whenever you needed him.

it was the middle of the night and he couldn't believe how awake he was. he should be exhausted after such a day. after seeing her with her new boyfriend, after running here after work, after seeing haechan who was always so energetic but now seeing him so weak.

mark wanted to cry, then his tears would spill instead of his mind. his busy mind that won't shut the fuck up. all he wanted now was peace and his mind was so full of nonsense that he couldn't shake out. he kept shifting in his sleep.

"are you not comfortable? do you want to trade places?" your whisper broke the silence in the room and mark's quick to turn. "i thought you were asleep."

"i can't sleep. something keeps bothering me." you said as you sit up. you're using his coat as a blanket but it doesn't help that much. mark licked his lips, "what's bothering you?"

you mimicked the way he presses his lips into a line, "whatever's bothering you is bothering me. why aren't you asleep?"

"my brain's being annoying," he replied and you quietly snicker, "tell it to shut up."

mark pretended to think about it, "hm, i don't think it'll listen to me."

"okay, let me try," you offered and leaned in. his breath stopped for a second when you near his hear. "hey, mark's brain, it'd be cool if you could just be quiet. i'm sure mark's really tired."

mark chuckled, "it's kind of listening to you. you must be a mind whisperer."

"well, i'm not exactly in the place to yell or shout." you liked talking to mark. he laughed at almost everything you said and did. it made your heart flutter, the way he gently gazed at you in the darkness. there was still that twinkle in his eyes. "hey, i have a question."