fourteen

"hey, mark, could you take my table?" mark turned to meet a coworker, holding a phone to her ear

"hey, mark, could you take my table?" mark turned to meet a coworker, holding a phone to her ear. "i have to take an important call. they were just seated so i haven't asked their drinks yet."

mark was a good guy so of course he didn't mind taking on another table. yet, before he could even step towards the guests, only from six feet away, mark could hear her voice ring in his hears. he felt his heart stop all at once. still, he kept strong, despite wanting to disappear every second. "hello, my name is mark and i'll be your server for tonight. is there anything you guys would like to drink?"

he didn't know why he asked. he knew what she always ordered. he scribbled it down on the pad but was surprised when she ordered a water. yuxi always got what mark got back then, watermelon cocktail with sparkling water. she lifted her head from the menu and met his eyes, those same eyes she used to love so much. yuxi brushed her hair behind her ears and kept her gaze low.

"i'll just get a water, too." the boy mark known to be sungchan said as he smiled to her, taking her hand into his. he forced a smile and left the couple, heart aching as it raced. his skin felt so hot. he didn't know what was happening to him. sure, mark was always prepared to see her anywhere and everywhere but lately, she hadn't been his concern.

he returned to their table with two waters, careful not to lose control. no matter how much she hurt him, he would never hurt her or say anything to hurt her. mark set the drinks down and asked if they were ready to order. the couple ordered differently from when he was with yuxi. she ate differently now and he had to accept it.