twenty-two

"mark," the boy says, startled at the familiar face

"mark," the boy says, startled at the familiar face. "how did you find where i live? are you stalking me?"

mark sighs, "no, i am not stalking you, chenle. i'm here to ask for your help."

people usually asked chenle for help and sometimes he'd give it to them if he was feeling generous. there would have to be a good reason for chenle to be able to help. he gestures for mark to come in, "did you want to talk over a cup of tea?"

"i'm kind of in a time-crunch so it'd be best if you just come with me." he asks through the statement and chenle's eyes grow wide, "it's nighttime."

mark shrugs, "i know but like i need your help right now."

"what is it?" the boy doesn't get a reply before mark's dragging him from his own home. "wait! let me grab my phone! and pants!"

mark waits inside his car for him, roughly ten minutes. he wonders what was taking him so long. it wasn't a date or anything. he taps the steering wheel impatiently, having no clue why he was being like this. why was he even asking chenle for his help?

chenle rushes out and hops into the passenger seat, "alright, what's up? where we going? on an adventure? out of country? 'cause then i'd have to go get my passport."

"for an heir of zhong entertainment to know so many things, i should have known you'd be a great asset." mark mutters under his breath as he revs the engine. "hex industries' laboratory, tell me how to get there."

"oh hell no, you're just using me as a gps?" chenle was offended, "search engines exist, you know."

"discount at the restaurant for a week," mark offers but chenle didn't think the older boy would stoop so low. "i don't need discounts, i'm an heir. i make plenty of money just breathing."

"for a month—" mark tried again.

"alright, first, you leave my parking lot. head in that direction over there and turn right at the first stop." chenle couldn't believe how easy he was won over by some waiter.