ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛʀɪᴘ

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟾

"Would you like a another pancake, Amy?" Tito asked nicely.

"Or some more Bacon?" Randy asked nicely too.

"How about some Orange juice?" Janet added.

"Amy, do you want to join me to a trip to the mall this afternoon? I'll buy you those new red bottoms that just came out." Latoya asked suspiciously.

"She can't make it! I have plans for us to go to the new arcade downtown. Afterwards, i'm taking her to dinner." Jermaine added.

"No! I'm taking Amy to New York for a couple of days. I got us tickets to see a opera show there." Rebbie exclaimed.

"Oh! I was going to take Amy to California for a couple of weeks. I didn't know, Rebbie." Diana apologized.

Something isn't right, everyone is being extra nice to me. This has been happening since yesterday. Latoya gave me a pearl necklace as a gift. Janet bought me ten pairs of shoes & heels. Jermaine gave me his collection of CD's & Vinyl's. And Diana took me to the salon to get blunt bangs. Are they kissing up to me? What's going on? Why is everyone acting so nice to me? Do they know something that I don't know about? Did something bad happened & they're trying to covering it up? What are they hiding? I'm generously concerned, worried, & suspicious.

"Where's Dad?"

"He's still in his office, you can go by there before you go to the club. He won't come out though." Diana said.

"Cool."

There's something fishy going on here. They're never this nice to me or anybody in fact. Is this about Prince? Do they know about him? If they do, why are they hiding it? Is this they're way of sweet talking me? Trying to make me forget about him? If it is, then it's not going to work. I will no longer be fooled by these people. I'm not stupid.

"May I be excused?"

"Sure, honey!" Grandma smiled in response.

I got up from the table & exited from the diner room. As I walked down the hallway, I can hear Michael's voice. He sounded very angry & desperate. I approached his door slowly, carefully trying to listen to the conversation. But I couldn't hear much because he was using his soft-spoken tone. Even when he's angry, he talks soft whisper like. You can barely hear him almost like a mouse. Everyone in the family talks like that, never skips a generation. I knocked on the door capturing his attention.

"Come in!" He whispered.

I opened the door to see him at his desk. His hair was thrown into a messy ponytail, the top of his shirt was unbuttoned & there were tons of liquor bottles in the trash. It smells like a mixture of cologne & musk. Balled up paper was everywhere on the floor. Not to mention the pile of dirty clothes that was on the couch. Damn, what a mess.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm frustrated! But i'll be okay." He mumbled while looking down at some paperwork. His grip on the paper made it crumbled.