...

I dragged my suitcase outside the main door, wearing Jacob's blue hoodie. Fall was about to end, the air was humid as it welcomes the incoming winter. I opened the back door of the car and placed my suitcase next to my mate's. We hugged Andrea and Clark before saying our goodbyes. "Don't forget to visit us! Next time you'll see me with a little boy in my arms!" She waved at us as we got inside the car. "Goodbye." I smiled and waved for the last time. The car drove towards the borders now. Resting my head on my mate's shoulders, I glanced at the road through the windshield. "When we arrive at pack, will you stay for a bit?"

"Of course." He replied while his eyes were still focused on the road.

"I can properly introduce you to my parents, if you're okay with it." He faced me, his face blank.

"Introduce me as your mate? Are you sure? Your dad is... you know. He might not approve of me yet." He frowned, taking a short few glances on me and the highway.

"I know, but I was dumb enough to forget that my scent was now mixed with yours. They would still probably know about us soon, might as well tell them ourselves. Even if my dad won't approve of you, that won't change my love for you. No one will." I kissed his cheek and placed my hand on his chest, hearing his steady heartbeat. The car slowed down, stopping at the side of the road. Jacob cupped my face with both of his comfortingly warm, rough, hands. Our eyes never broke contact. He closed his eyes as his lips gently pressed on mine. It sent tingles around my body. Jacob slowly pulled away. "I promise to never hurt you, to never let anyone hurt you. You are someone I don't deserve, but someone I need. I love you Sky, I would do everything for you." He took something from his pockets while speaking. "I just think this is the right moment. I bought this when we left for the mall." He opened a small box. Inside was a necklace, a pearl encased in golden wires. My heart felt like it skipped a few beats, I didn't know how to properly breathe because of his words.

...

"We're here, wake up Sky."

I opened my eyes, the car stopped infront of our territory divided by trees that serve as our border and mark. Wolves warily watch us from the entrance.

"Let the red car pass through. It's me." I commanded through the pack link.

"You can go now."

Jacob nodded and slowly drove. I opened the windows to glance at my pack members when I heard a growl from somewhere. It wasn't just a normal growl it was from a puppy's growl.

"Stop." Jacob stopped immediately and looked at me.

"What's wr-"

"SHUSH, do you hear that?" I leaned my ears outside the window and closed my eyes. The little growl was now paired with a more vicious one. I had the feeling to check up on where the noise was, so I began to shift to heighten my senses more.

"Wait-" I ignored Jacob and started to run as the growls became more louder. I hope this isn't something to worry about.

I climbed the trees that gives me an advantage for traveling faster. It takes a lot of training to get used to climbing trees as a wolf, let alone jump on it, but all the training was worth it because I now have an advantage against enemies as they are easy to find from above.

I came to a halt when I saw a white wolf pup running away from a brown wolf that was triple its size. I chased it down until I reached its tail and broke the wolf's hind leg. It howled in pain just when I noticed the scent wasn't a rogue. A pack member?

"Shift. Your name and why you were chasing a child."

The wolf shifted into a teenage boy, he winced in pain while laying on the ground with a broken leg.