Chapter 2

"Alpha, here's the new batch of papers from this month's new pack members" Connor said, I led out a long sigh as I look at the bundle of paperworks on my desk.

Since my pack is an ancestral pack, our population is nearly as plenty as our money, which also meant that I have a lot of paperworks to do.

While I finished almost half of the papers, there was a knock on my office's door, I opened it and Adrian went inside and sat on the couch like it was his.

I noticed the little white envelope he was holding and asked what it was. It smelled of something familiar.

"It's a letter from the Everest Pack" He handed it to me and I read the letter, it says that Alpha Albert of the Everest Pack, wants us to help him defend his small pack from their rival, the Hunters Pack, I couldn't say no because of our alliance so I sent him a letter that I would be joining him and that me, my Beta, and Gamma would arrive tomorrow. I could have come alone but since the beta and gamma wanted to have a little break from the pack, I brought them along.

I woke up and began to prepare myself for our trip to the Everest Pack. An hour later I got inside the van with our bags at the backseat.

"What if your mate is from the Everest Pack?, I heard the Alphas son is still unmated" Connor said out of nowhere, "Maybe" I replied with high hopes of finding my mate.

Did the moon Goddess forget about giving us a mate? my wolf said feeling restless on my head.

Be patient, we'll find our mate soon, very very soon

We arrived at the pack by sunset. When we got out of the van a few of the pack members escorted us to Alpha Albert's house. I felt nervous and excited at the same time with the possibility that my mate would be the Alpha's son or at least from his pack.

"Alpha Skyler, it's an honor to see you, this is my mate, Emma, and my son, Andrew."

I greeted at them and faced Andrew as I realize that he isn't my mate.

After I introduced Connor and Andrian to the alpha and his family, we ate dinner and Alpha Albert and I went to his office to discuss about the attack.

"The Alpha of the Bennet pack will be arriving tomorrow to join us in the battle" Alpha Albert announced.

"What? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Just like your rivalry with the Hunters Pack, The Bennet pack is our rival!" With furrowed eyebrows, I stood as I kept myself calm.

If I knew they were coming I would rather abandon our alliance with Albert than staying together with the Bennet pack in one place. The fact that my father hates them so much, he won't be in good terms with Albert anymore.

The Bennet pack is our enemy, their Alpha is responsible for killing my grandparents and I promise that I would never forgive them.

Alpha Albert apologized and made sure that the Bennet pack wouldn't start a fight. As if he could stop them if there was.

"Adrian, wake up! Alpha Albert and his family are waiting downstairs to eat breakfast with us" I shouted while Connor dragged Adrian's foot.

As soon as Adrian woke up we went to the dining room and ate breakfast. While we were eating Alpha Albert mentioned that the Bennet pack will be arriving before sunset, I then asked Alpha Albert if he is okay if Adrian, Connor, and I would patrol and explore the pack just to avoid ourselves from the Bennet Pack.

Alpha Albert nodded at me and right after we finished our breakfast, we shifted and went around the pack until we got into a forest that was still around Everest territory.

With both Connor and Adrian by my side we roamed around. It was already dark when we decided to go back, but a beautiful scent stopped me from my tracks, Adrian noticed me stop and asked what was going on but I ignored him and turned around facing the forest.

I followed the scent through the dark woods, I can feel the scent become stronger as I went closer to where it was coming from.

I walked closer and closer towards the scent and stood in the dark forest and scanned the place. Then, a black wolf appeared, he had bright blue eyes and I was sure the scent was coming from him.

My eyes met his and I heard my wolf say "mate". At that moment I don't know what to do, what to feel, it was all just him and his bright blue eyes that filled my mind.

We stared at each other for I don't know how long but was cut by Adrian with a confused look on his face.

"Alpha Albert needs your help there are attacks coming from the southern borders" Adrian said and went to lead the way.

I immediately followed Adrian so that I wouldn't lose him in sight.

"Great, we waited three years for our mate and you just left him behind!"

we'll look for him after this, he's from Albert's pack which means we should help his pack before taking our beautiful mate with us.

I don't care if I won't help that stupid alpha, I just want my mate.

I ignored my wolf and kept on running. We got to the border where Alpha Albert, Connor, and what seems to be the Beta of the Blue Moon were already fighting. I walked closer to Connor when a wolf lunged at me, I pushed him back and bit his leg, making sure he stays limp and doesn't die. Although his wolf can heal him, it might be already too late for him to fight back. My wolf was now covered in blood which made me look like a mad serial killer.

As the wolves retreated I could smell my mate's scent slowly disappear. It made me think if he's from the Hunters Pack.

After it was all clear, the pack warriors rejoiced in victory and Alpha Albert thanked me.

I left Connor and Adrian who was talking and drinking with a few of the pack members and went to my room to get cleaned up and rest.

It was already midnight when I heard Connor get inside his room sounding drunk, an hour has passed and I still couldn't sleep, still thinking of my mate.