Chapter 10

Yawning, I stretched my limbs, getting ready for my morning run as a routine. I walked to the balcony, making sure I don't wake my mate's sleeping wolf. While breathing in fresh air, Adrian started to mind link me, as he always does every six o'clock in the morning. "Good morning! I'll just remind you that you have a meeting at six pm later. Pack updates: We have a new member from Gondor pack, a nineteen year old female, her mate lives here that's why she moved in. We are now 616 in number! That's all for the updates see you later!" I sat, paying attention.

"Thanks and Good morning. Tell mom and dad I'll be home in the afternoon."

"Noted!" He replied with an energetic voice before cutting our link. I stretched one more time, looking at the people walking outside, spending a few minutes to appreciate the peaceful buzz of the pack.

"Good morning" A raspy voice echoed in my head. My mate sat beside me shaking his fur, before stretching his front legs. My tail wagged. "Good morning" I brushed my fur against his, mixing our scents as one.

"From what I've heard, you usually wake up at six o'clock, take a thirty minute run, and eat breakfast before starting your day." I nodded, still wagging my tail. "So I think you're five minutes late for your run, I'll join you, and after that, we'll have breakfast with Clark and Andrea."

"That's great. What's the plan after we say our goodbyes to them? I mean we can't meet each others families yet, this means we can't go to each others pack either." He looked around the room, trying to answer my question.

"We should finish our jobs first, then, we can schedule a meeting for an alliance this friday, this way we can visit each others pack freely." He paused before I nodded, telling him to continue. "During our meetings, we should plan on how to negotiate with Ryder. We will give whatever he wants just to stop him from bothering me. By the time we settled things, we can now introduce ourselves as mates to everyone." While talking, he kept on pressing his paws on the floor as he tries to catch my wagging tail.

"Tell me, what does Ryder exactly want from you? What happened between you two that made both of you hate each other?" I headed to the door and opened it using my snout. Jacob sighed before answering me.

"I don't want to tell you this, but I must as I am your mate." Still paying attention to him, I continued to walk outside the room with Jacob on my right.

"After I got rejected, my best female fighter wanted me to make her my Luna. I declined her offer as I wanted to choose whoever I want. She didn't take my no for an answer so she went to find someone who can help her get what she wants. She went to the Elrem Pack to deal with the alpha, turns out he was her mate. Of course she didn't want me anymore but was still mad because I didn't accept her offer, she thinks she's someone who everyone can't resist. As her payback, I suppose, she had asked her mate to challenge me for the Alpha position. Of course, Ryder agreed and because of that, I fought him trying to defend what is mine. During our battle, I was on the upper hand, and as part of the rules, whoever wins will kill the opponent and take over his pack. I aimed my final blow, that's when his mate came in. My neck was slashed from her claws. As instinct, my pack attacked her as she broke the rules. I did what I had to, that is to kill any threat to my pack. I let Ryder live in exchange for his mate's life."

I paused, trying to read his emotionless face. His eyes focused on the floor, cold and never seeming to regret on what he did to leave someone mateless. Knowing that he did what was in the rules, I felt a slight fear about his actions. Is he really just like his father? A killer?

I started to walk outside the house, our minds deep in our own thoughts. I didn't have the nerve to ask him about my questions. I don't want him to see me as someone who might affect our bond because of my judgement.