And so, he vowed at that moment to do anything it took to protect her.

***

Lifting her chin to absorb the sunlight that dared show itself in March, Diana stumbled outside her company building, zipping her coat over Taehyung's hoodie that she sneakily stole.

She thought it would smell like him, sweet whiskey and menthol, but it didn't. It had been freshly washed, ironed, with not a thread out of place. Diana laughed at the thought of him doing his long list of household chores, he was meticulous with his things; unbelievably organised and tidy down to the finest tee.

She quickly set off walking, matching the pace of your average New Yorker because all she wanted to do at that moment was to get home to Tae. However, her concentration was severed after hearing her name being yelled.

"Oh my God, it's Princess Diana!"

It took a while in the busy street to locate the voice, but soon her round eyes landed on a pair of vans, ripped skinny jeans, his signature flannel, and tidily styled back hair.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Diana gasped, running over to Yoongi leaning against the wall. "You hate the city."

"I had some business to attend to..."

"Big fat liar."

"I'm on a mission to track down Princess Diana, I hear she's newly single." He seemed pretty proud of his royal knowledge.

"So that means she's no longer a Princess, doesn't it silly billy? You're gonna have to make do with me."

A little snort escaped him, and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"So why are you really here, huh?"

"I just thought I'd come pick my friend up from work, is that such a bad thing?"

Diana smiled coyly, squeezing his cheek as he began to guide her towards the subway station. "Absolutely terrible of you."

They walked comfortably side by side, Yoongi pointing inside the designer shops every now and then, accusing them of copying a design he'd seen in the charity shop a few days back.

Apparently, the thought never crossed his mind that it may have been an authentic item, but Diana didn't say anything. Honestly, she was just enjoying his company. They'd created a solid friendship and were far closer than he and Satine were, despite knowing each other for longer.

Silence prevailed and soon they were sitting on the tube, only listening to the bustle of rush hour traffic. Yoongi would occasionally glance her way, watching her suspiciously, but it wasn't until they were walking down the road to Dynaco that she questioned his change of character.

"What's up?" Diana sighed, rolling her head around to her friend. "I've never seen you this quiet... Do you have feelings for me or something? Ooooh, did you come and pick me up to confess your undying love?" She seductively stuck out her tongue, trying to lift the mood. There was clearly something on his mind.

He chuckled. "No, Polka-dot, as much as I wish I was in love with you, I'm not. Besides, I think your attention is someplace else..."

Fuck, her flaming cheeks were always the most annoying giveaway.

"What are you talking about?" She awkwardly laughed, avoiding eye contact because then it really would be obvious.

"Come on... It doesn't take a genius to work out you're shagging Tae. You barely say two words to each other, and then when you do, it's all flushed cheeks and giggles. It's actually kinda gross."