"I expect it is, dear."  She patted her on the back.  "But don't fret.  Any witch or wizard who wants to visit you in the Muggle world will be able to pop right over any time."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"Thank you.  I needed to hear that."

"I know you did.  Now hush your crying.  You'll be doing enough of it this afternoon, won't you?"

Alaina sniffed.  "Yes.  I will."

Madame Promfrey got up off the bed.  "Dumbledore is giving us all the day off so we can go, you know.  School goes back into session tomorrow."

"That's really sweet of him."

"He wants to go himself.  He was strangely close with the Potters.  They were his students and his friends I guess.  Oh and one more thing, dear.  Call me Poppy, okay?"

She nodded.  "Okay."

Alaina sighed.  She looked down at Harry and kissed him on the top of the head.  "You're going to have to pull me through this, Harry.  We're in this together now, kiddo."

Harry gazed up at her and smiled like he understood every word she'd just said.

~ * ~

Alaina was the first one to get to the cemetery where the funeral was being held.  She left Hogwarts before any of the others so she could have a few moments alone at the very beginning.  She was there at least ten minutes staring at the open graves and the two caskets that floated weightlessly over top of them.  She told Harry how much his mother and father loved him too.  She wanted to make sure that he always knew how much they loved him.

The first people to arrive were Remus Lupin and surprisingly, Sirius Black.  She didn't know either of them were there until Sirius walked up and placed his hand on her shoulder.  Startled, she jumped and whirled around.  He smiled warmly at her.

"Hello, Alaina."

"Hello, Sirius."

He wrapped his arms tightly around her and Harry.  "I'm so glad the two of you are alright."  He glanced at Remus.  "Remus told me you weren't dead.  I could hardly believe it.  I'm so sorry I left the two of you at that house.  I was just so enraged and I wanted justice."

He pulled away from her and she studied him carefully.

"Did you find it?" Alaina asked softly.

Sirius scowled.  "Not yet."

"Do I even want to ask?"

He shook his head.  "It's probably better if you didn't."

Remus walked up to her and smiled softly.  "I talked to Dumbledore about what we discussed yesterday.  He confirmed what you told me.  He confirmed he was on our side.  I had no idea, Alaina.  Please, thank him for me."

Alaina smiled.  "I think you can thank him yourself."  She nodded her head to the side.  She had just noticed them arriving.

Remus turned around in time to see Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape walking toward them together.  His eyes widened in surprise.  He glanced back at Alaina.  She silently encouraged him to go forward.  He did, hoping he'd be able to find the words he was looking for.

Severus tensed when he saw Lupin walking toward him.  He had no idea what in the world he would have to talk to him about.  He stopped, but Dumbledore continued on up to Alaina.  He saw Sirius watching the graves.  He really wasn't paying attention to anything else at the moment.