Sleepover (Creek)

⚠️TW: Visual Hallucinations
and s*lf harm⚠️

⚠️TW: Visual Hallucinations and s*lf harm⚠️

Art by: Wanityyy on Instagram

***

Tweek jumped awake with a gasp and clung to his baby blanket, the one thing that was familiar to him in the pitch black room. His eyes darted around trying to see anything that would tell him where he was. This didn't feel like his bed. It felt more like...a sleeping bag. Oh, that's right. He was at a sleepover with his friends. He listened past his own heavy breathing and heard the soft snores of Clyde, Tolkien, Jimmy, and Craig.

Despite being in the same room as his best friends, he still felt alone. He wanted to seek comfort, but didn't want to wake any of them. So he clung to his baby blankie instead and rocked himself back and forth in an attempt to calm himself. But his heartbeat only quickened every time he would hear the smallest of sounds. Eventually he resorted to scratching at his arms.

He saw a hand grab him and he jumped. The hand didn't belong to any of his friends. Or anyone for that matter. It was just a shadowed hand, one only he could see.

"No" he whispered as tears flooded his eyes. "No, please, not again". Another shadow hand emerged from the darkness and reached out for him. He quickly backed away, kicking his sleeping bag off with his feet. He desperately crawled away until he was cornered and had no choice but to curl up in a ball. He hid under his blanket and shut his eyes tight praying for it all to go away. But you can't escape from your own mind. So of course the hands were still there. And then there were eyes. Bright taunting eyeballs that stared at him as more and more hands appeared.

It's exhausting when your nightmares don't end after you've woken up.

"Make it stop" he cried out in a whisper. He looked up and right into the eyes that were staring at him only to look away a second later. "Make it stop!" He said a little louder this time, and then again and again, growing louder each time. "Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!"

"Tweek!" A familiar voice said. It was Toilken. He kneeled down in front of the timid blonde. "Hey, you're okay, look at me. I'm right here okay?"
By now all the commotion had awoken the others. Craig, Clyde and Jimmy quickly made their way over to Tweek, who was sobbing at this point.

"It's okay Tweek" Clyde said with a worried expression. "It'll pass, I promise".

Craig pulled Tweek into his lap and held him tightly.
"You're okay. You're safe" he whispered next to the blondes ear. "I'm here. We're all here for you babe".

Clyde quickly turned the lights on so that the darkness couldn't haunt Tweek anymore. The hallucinations were still there though of course. After adjusting to the brightness Clyde found Tweeks back pack and brought it over.
With one arm still holding him tight, Craig reached into the bag and took out Tweeks headphones. He gently placed them over the boys head and played some soft music to distract him. Toilken grabbed Tweeks  baby blanket that had been left by his sleeping bag and placed it on his chest. Tweek clung to it for dear life as Craig took out one of Tweeks pacis. Tweek didn't hesitate to accept it, he was desperate for comfort and relief from this nightmare.

As the minutes passed, Tweeks cries softened until they came to a full stop. Craig could feel Tweek slowly start to relax in his arms. His eyelids started to close as he suckled on his paci. A few soft coos escaped him, a clear sign to them all that he was relaxed now. They all let out a sigh of relief, some of them even smiled.

When Craig was sure he was sound asleep, he carefully stood with the help of Toilken, keeping Tweek in his arms.

"Thanks guys" he said heading for the stairs. "We'll be in my room if you need us".

"Okay" Toilken replied softly. He and the others headed back to their sleeping bags after shutting off the lights again.

Craig took Tweek to his room and laid him down on his bed. After taking Tweeks headphones off he laid down beside him, cuddling up close under the covers. It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep.

Tweek awoke again just a few hours later. The sight of glowing green stars across Craig's ceiling caught his attention. He looked at them all, completely mesmerized.

"I put them up for you" Craig's voice whispered beside him. Tweek looked over at him, paci still in his mouth. "I thought they would help for when you get scared" he continued. "That and, well, stars are cool.." he looked away shyly at the mention of what he was most passionate about. Everyone who knew Craig knew he didn't display much emotion. But ask him anything about outer space, and you'll witness clear excitement start to seep through his eyes the more he talks about it.

"Tank you" Tweek spoke softly.

"No problem" Craig said with a shrug. "You think you'll fall back asleep, or do you feel awake?"

"Um..." Tweek fidgeted around with his baby blanket. "I uppies now".

"Okay" Craig said sitting up.

"You don't have to stay ups with me" Tweek said meekly. He felt terrible for nearly always keeping him or any of his friends up at sleepovers. It's why he didn't attend them very often. But as always, Craig was quick to assure him that he didn't mind one bit.

"It's alright. I like staying up with my baby" he said petting Tweek softly on the head. Tweek blushed at the word 'baby' and hid under his blankie. Craig shook his head with a giggle. "You're adorable little one".

"Mm-mm!" Tweek protested.

"Uh, yah-huh. You're my precious little baby" he pulled him into his lap and cradled him while rocking side to side. "And you never have to feel bad about waking us up. We know you go through a lot love bug. And we're always here for you".

Tweek smiled behind his paci and nuzzled into Craig's chest. "I is happy baby with you guys" he said lovingly.

"Good" Craig said smiling. "Cuz we want you to stay our happy little baby". Tweek wiggled in Craig's arms as a wide smile spread across his face.
"You're adorable" Craig chuckled. Tweek, still smiling, let out a whine and buried his face in Craig's chest. Craig continued to cradle him, planting soft kisses on his head every so often.

"Can you tell me a story?" Tweek whispered.

"Of course love" Craig replied. He went on to tell his little one a story about two boys who traveled across space to chase the stars and run on Saturns ring hand in hand. Tweek adored Craig's stories. He closed his eyes, allowing Craig's words to carry him off to dreamland. And this time, his dreams were peaceful.