My little Sunshine (Little Kenny/Bunny)

Kenny sat on Butters floor and watched as his friend looked through his D.S collection. He had arrived unannounced, but Butters was more than welcoming. He was happy he was over, much to Kenny's relief. He worried about being a nuesance. He would have stayed home if he could. But his parents started fighting again, making his environment dangerous after a beer bottle was thrown just over his head. So, he took Karen to her friend Tricia's. The Tuckers were more than happy to keep her for the night. Then he went to Butters place.

He picked at a loose thread on the carpet thinking back to the previous events. He never liked it when they fought. They fight over almost anything.

"Let's see..." Butters said picking out a few games. "We could play Mario, or we could take turns playing Nintendo Dogs again?".

Kenny shrugged. His eyes stayed on the carpet. Butters noticed his gloomy mood and put the games aside. He schooched himself closer to the freckled boy until he was right in front of him. "Hey, what's going on buddy?" He asked in a soft tone. Kenny looked up at him with a pout. Butters instantly knew he was regressed and gave him a warm smile. "Awe, come here bub" he opened up his arms. Kenny crawled into his lap and nuzzled into him. Butters rubbed circles on his back. "What's wrong Sunshine? Why so sad?"

Kenny's eyes became wet with tears. "Mom an Dad fight" he mumbled in his small voice. "They yell...and fow stuff". He burried his face in Butters chest. "Is scarry".

Butters heart sank. "Awe ken, is that why you came over?" He hugged the boy tighter and rocked him back and forth. Kenny nodded and started crying. "It's alright bub, let it all out. I'm here. You're safe with me, okay?" Kenny clung to Butters hoodie as he cried.

After a few minutes he had calmed down and pulled away from the hug. He stayed in his lap and played with Butters hoodie strings.
"How long has this been going on little one?" Butters asked him.

"Um..." Kenny started. He shrugged. "since fowevew".

Butters almost cried at that. He had no idea Kenny's home life was so bad. He wondered if his parents were why he came to school with a black eye the other day. And a busted lip a few weeks before. Why he always flinched when someone shouted. Why he never wanted people over at his house. He held back his tears wanting to stay strong for Kenny.

"You wanna stay at my place tonight?" He asked running his fingers through the boys blonde hair. Kenny hummed and leaned into his touch.

"Sleepovew!" He said clapping his hands. Butters giggled and booped his nose.

"I'll get you some comfier clothes to sleep in" He said taking him off his lap and going to the closet. He kept most, if not all, Kenny's little items and onises at his place by request. Kenny knew he'd be considered a freak if his parents ever found out about his "unusual" coping mechanism. He was ashamed of it at first. But he was able to make peace with it. He mostly used it to have a childhood he never had. He also used it to help cope with stress, anxiety, and depression.

"Wan dat one!" Kenny said excited when Butters pulled out a particular pajam set.

Butters smiled. "Okay pumpkin. Here you go". He handed him the pajamas. Kenny squeeled and stood up to get changed. He struggled a bit trying to pull his hoodie over his head and got stuck.

"Uh oh" he said in a small voice. Butters giggled and helped him pull it off.

"There's my baby boy!" Butters said earing a happy giggle from little Kenny. After changing into his pajamas and fuzzy socks Butters handed him his possum stuffie named Rex.

Kenny gasped and hugged the possum close

Kenny gasped and hugged the possum close. "Tank you Leo" he said sweetly. Butters blushed at the use of his first name.

"Awe, no problem Sunshine". He stood on his tippy-toes and kissed his forehead. Kenny blushed and hid his face behind Rex.

"Have you eaten yet, pumpkin?" Butters asked putting a hand on his arm. Kenny peeked from behind Rex.

"Umm...I ate cereal" he replied sheepishly.

"Anything else?" Butters asked. Kenny looked down and shook his head. Butters gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay Ken. I'll be right back". He went to the closet and grabbed one of Kenny's sippy cups before leaving the room. He hid the cup in his hoodie pocket as he made his way down the stairs. His parents were watching TV in the livingroom. He walked quietly behind them and got to the kitchen and looked around in the cubboards. He thought a PB&J with animal crackers would be a good meal for Ken. After fixing up the plate he filled the sippy cup with orange juice and quickly made his way back upstairs. He walked Into his room to find Kenny on his bed playing with Rex causing him to giggle. He was too cute.

Kenny looked up and gasped when he saw the plate of food. "Dat fow me's?" He asked smiling. Butters handed him the plate and kissed the top of his head.

"Yup! Eat up pumpkin" Butters chirped.

Kenny hugged him with his free arm. "Tank you Leo".

Butters smiled and wrapped his arms around him. "No problem bub". He sat down next to him and grabbed his bunny stuffie off the bed. He put it in his lap and pet it's fur. He watched happily as Kenny munched away.

"You has some?" Kenny said holding out his sandwich.

"Awe, thank you bubby" Butters said before taking a bite of the sandwich out of Kenny's hand. Ken giggled out of peer joy and went back to eating.
When he was all done his food Butters put the plate aside and handed him his sippy. Kenny happily drank it up and layed down while Butters found a cartoon for them to watch on his phone. They both ended up deciding on Hello Kitty and cuddled up together.

"Felling better bub?" Butters asked halfway through the first episode. He ran his fingers through the blondes hair. Ken nodded and smiled around his sippy.

"I better. Tank you Leo" he said softly.

"Anything for you, my little sunshine" Butters whispered back.