"Why?"

"You know why."

"No. I don't. They both know I have feelings for you and they're okay with that. It seems that you're the only one who's not. What's so wrong with us being together?"

Nyssa was getting tired of always trying to convince Sara.

"If you want to leave, fine."

Nyssa didn't even try to mask the hurt she was feeling and it pained Sara to see her like that. She entered the kitchen to join the other two girls, leaving Sara by the stairs contemplating why she really wanted to leave and whether to do so.

"Hey. We raided your fridge." Rebecca announced in greeting.

"I can see that."

The two girls had the apple pie she made the other night out and were eating a slice each with some vanilla ice cream.

"Who were you talking to?"

Nyssa didn't answer and just took a plate for herself and a slice of pie.

"Okay." Rebecca could sense there was something but didn't push.

"This is good. Did you make it?" Max asked as she took another bite.

"Yeah. I could make one for you, if you like."

"That'd be great. My mom would definitely love this."

Nyssa paused and looked by the entryway when she saw Sara there. The other two also looked at her.

"Hey." She said shyly.

"Hey. Would you like some?" Nyssa offered her some pie.

"Sure."

Rebecca and Max shared a knowing look and smiled at each other. They were just talking about them before they came down. They weren't aware that they were together upstairs, but it just confirmed what they were just discussing.

Max told Rebecca about what she realized about Nyssa and Sara. That she thinks they both have feelings for each other. She also told her about how she ended it with Nyssa. And Rebecca told her that she knew about Nyssa having feelings for Sara. Max almost got mad for her not saying anything to her, but she explained that it wasn't her place to tell and that it's better that she was able to get to know Nyssa in that way, which she agreed to.

 Sara sat awkwardly silent next to Max. She took the plate of apple pie that Nyssa handed her.

"Hey, isn't that Nyssa's shirt?" Max asked Sara, which got her a kick from Rebecca. "Ow."

Max knew that Sara must be feeling guilty with what happened with Nyssa, but she doesn't want it to be so uncomfortable between them. She gets it. She loves her more than she likes Nyssa, anyway. So for her, she'll give way.

Max rubbed at her shin where Rebecca hit and mouthed a 'what' to her.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it."

"Max!" Rebecca warned her.

"I'm sorry, Max." Sara said on the verge of crying. She really felt terrible after what happened between her and Nyssa earlier and sitting there in Nyssa's shirt next to Max, who just broke up with Nyssa.

"Woah. Wait up. Sorry for what?" Max looked at her as if she's lost her mind. "I don't want an apology. You're my best friend. I don't want this to get in between us. I love you and I'm okay with it as long as it's what you want. And by the looks of the both you, I'm saying you both do."

Tears started flowing from Sara's eyes. Max held her close to her and tried to soothe her.

"It's okay. Really. I know how much you love me, you let me be with her even though it seems hard for you. Now I get the cranky, distant thing you had."