The Rayments

Scarlett Johnson

"I guess I'll see you later then?"

I asked Noah after he had slid into his jacket, he turned to face me and slowly nodded.

I could tell that he was very excited about buying Maya and myself something for Christmas.

"Love you."

     Noah told me quietly, and he lightly brushed his fingertips across my cheek.

    I mouthed I love you back before I turned on my heel and started for my bedroom upstairs.

    Once I entered my room I noticed my bookshelf was on the verge of falling apart.

I quickly hurried over to it, and studied what I was going to need to do.

Ny eyes wandered to the top shelf, and right away they landed on an unknown book I had never seen before.

So I pulled the book down, and after a moment my phone vibrated, I quickly slipped it out of my pocket.

Noah: I love you😘

Scarlett: I love you too Campbell😘

Noah: I take that your not doing anything?

Scarlett: Gonna organize stuff😬

Noah: Don't have too much fun without me... I'll see you later my love❤️

    I exited out of my conversation with Noah, and my eyes were drawn back to the book in my hands.

Rayment Family Photo Album

I read quietly out loud.

I opened the book and my eyes landed on a picture of what looked to be Noah's Mothers family.

My eyes landed on a boy that seemed almost too familiar.

     His eyes were an ice blue, and they pierced through mine as I stared at him in the picture, after a moment I let my eyes wander else where.

   I flipped a few more pages into the book and one was dedicated to each family member, I eventually found the boy with the blue eyes.

Blake Rayment

    I read, but how was he exactly related to Noah?

"I'm home!"

I heard my Mom call from downstairs moments later, I quickly slammed the book shut and slid it underneath my bed.

Maybe it was for the best that my Mom didn't see the old family album, why was it even in my room to begin with?

  It must be Noah's?