Smarter than I thought

Start from the beginning

"Seoyeon please reconsider this decision. Please. I will be waiting for you behind the church. Just think rationally ok-"
" Please leave." Was the only thing she said as he climbed down the window.

That night, she could not sleep. She could not do anything but think.

She stood in front of her mirror.
' look at your pathetic state girl. It's because you are too busy caring about people.' she felt as if her reflection spoke back at her. Her subconscious.

'you cannot run with Taehyung nor can you marry Yoongi.'

"What should I do" she whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks.

' the question could have been answered if you didn't put others as a priority'

"Stop! STOP IT!" She yelled as she held her head in her hand and kneeled. Clearly frustrated.

She thought. Thought hard. Whole night yet could not come to any conclusion.

~

"No I can do it myself." Seoyeon said as a helper insisted to help her with the zip of her wedding dress.

Being with the stylists for about 3 hours, Seoyeon was taken to the church.

From a distance she saw Yoongi, waiting, although not very pleased to be fulfilling such a wish of her sister.

That is when it struck her that it was wrong. It was totally wrong for two people to get married who aren't interested at all just to fulfill someone's last wish who has already died. It was completely irrational if thought about in the realistic point of view.

Her brother stood at the corner of the corridor to take her to the aisle. But she already knew what to do. One last look at her brother and she turned around.

"I need to use the restroom" was the only thing she said before walking away as tears made their way down her beautiful face.

She locked herself in the room and changed to black jeans, turtle neck black top and a black leather jacket before taking her purse, card and phone. She took a pair of sunglasses and tied her hair into a ponytail so no one could recognise her.

"Miss, your brother is calling you" she heard from the door.

No. She was not going out now.

She escaped from the window just like Taehyung did the day before.

She made her way to the back of the church to find a matte black Buggati standing.

She opened the door of the driver's seat. "Come out"

"What?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"Just do as I say."

Without further  questions, Taehyung got out and made his way to the passenger's seat.

Seoyeon started the engine and moved to the main road.

"You don't know where we are supposed to go." Taehyung exclaimed.

" I pretty sure you don't, either. Right now our priority is to move as far as we can. I am sure we will be followed soon."

Just then they heard screeching sound of tyres.

"I think we are being followed." Taehyung concluded.

Seoyeon increased the speed and the car seemed to fly with the wind through the streets of Seoul.

Every single person on the street was shocked to see a literal car race happening.

She took a left turn. "Luck baby" she said before sharply turning right. They were now on the main road leading to the highway.

The security was now left confused with a similar black Buggati which minutes later was infront of the one belonging to Taehyung.

"Smarter than I thought" Taehyung smirked.

" Where are we going?"

" I together with my one of my best friends from university had bought a house in the town. We're going there."
She answered.

" We are going to live in the same house?"He asked shyly to which the irritated woman stopped the car.

" First of all, I am not with you because I like you or something. I am here to escape a forced marriage. Second, we are not 'moving in' together, it just for some days—

"Are you done with your rant?!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"You are currently sitting in my car. I could just throw you out—

He was  stopped mid sentence when Seoyeon spoke again.

"Yeah you could just throw me out, I could take a public transport or simply call a friend of mine.. but you mister" she said while keeping her pointing finger on his forehead " you will be reported to the police by all the people who witnessed the show on the road with your car. You will have no one to speak for you. So take a choice."

She paused before continuing again, "you know why I called you that night? Why I agreed to run with you? Because I know you are the only person who can handle the shits my brother does and help me escape."

The reality of being trapped in a setup dawned on him and he somewhat appeared hurt.

"Now if you insist on going, please get in" she added monotonously.

Without a word Taehyung got in and they rode off to the town.