Yuno looked at (Y/n) with a slight worry, he hesitated for a bit but when he sees that all the people have their attention towards the King. Yuno gave (Y/n) a peck in her forehead then intertwined their hands.

'Can I eat the King's soul?' Kurayami asked at the back of (Y/n)'s mind, she mentally shook her head.

'Be patient, Kurayami.' (Y/n) mentally said, Kurayami who grinned wider which means that it'll happen any time soon.

"My thoughts!! My looks!! Everything about me is righteous! The King id also superior to that Magic Emperor boy!!!"

(Y/n)'s hand tightened against Yuno.

Noelle and the other members of each squad sweat dropped because of the King's sudden attitude against them.

Noelle and (Y/n) looked each other from afar, both of their eyes rolled and smirked because of how humiliating the King is right now.

Asta who looked dumbfounded just watched the scene unfolded.

"Your Highness, please calm down." The unbothered Magic Emperor said with his innocent looking expression.

'Damn you, Julius! Hogging all the popularity for yourself!! Just like your wench of a daughter! And on top of that. Golden Dawn is first again?! I don't like the colour of gold! They even outranked the squad of knights with members from the Royal Family! I can't stand it, I just can't!!' The King thought, clenching his fist from the anger radiating oof of him.

'Stay mad, bitch.' Both Kurayami and (Y/n) said mentally, snickering at the back of (Y/n)'s head.

"Ahem. The King has a royal message for you all."

Asta turned to look at (Y/n) but he saw her eyes are closed as she leaned on Yuno who didn't seemed bother that they were displaying PDA in front of people.

Well, for Yuno, as long as it's (Y/n), he has no complains about it.

"We have discovered the location of Eye of the Midnight sun's hideout!!"

(Y/n) perked her head up and looked at the Magic Emperor with a brow raising.

"We have?" (Y/n) murmured, looking at Yuno who shrug.

(Y/n)'s head if full of confusion, why didn't anyone tell her that? Is she missing something important? Was the King lying?

"Until now we have been on the receiving end of their attacks and were often forced to be on the defensive. But now it will be different!! We shall launch an all-out offensive on the enemy!! In order to do that..."

(Y/n) had abruptly let go of Yuno's hand, she felt so down. Why didn't her father told her that they already found it? Isn't she supposed to help with that operation? What... Why...

"The King shall personally pick the most valiant Magic Knights and form the Strongest Elite Squad!!! Its name shall be the 'Royal Knights'!!! One week from now!!! An examination for all knights will be held!!! Only those who pass this examination will be allowed to join the Royal Knights!!"

Why do (Y/n) felt betrayed? She attended all the Captains meeting, why does this meeting that they found the hideout needed to keep it a secret?

She brushed that feeling away for now, she doesn't need to stoop that low of emotion for a 'small' complication.

"Furthermore, my Royal Knights shall annihilate the Eye of the Midnight Sun!!! To all members of the Magic Knight Squads!! Offer your grimoires to the Kingdom!!' The people rejoiced by how 'amazing' their King is.

(Y/n)'s train of thoughts vanished when Asta said something that made her stomach hurt—not in a bad way though.

"Why does the King choose, though? We all consider the Magic Emperor and the Captains to be seriously amazing. Not the King actually." Asta said.