"Quite... popular." She said to me.

"I tend to have that effect." I finished up my meal and handed Duke the plate and fork.

He accepted and set them to the side along with his own plate. Donna was almost done and she told me she would walk for a minute with Angie. I nodded and watched her walk a few feet away.

"I have heard Mistress Beneviento was peculiar in terms of behavior around others, but she seemed to prove the rumors wrong." He leaned forward. "If I may ask. Why is it another lord of this land is within your range of connections Mister (L/N)?"

"Well she's someone dear to me now as is my family. I have become a part of something that hardly any other in a lifetime will recieve. To answer your question I honestly have no idea." I laughed. "It just happens."

"Well I suppose not many could answer such a question. Considering the... circumstances of your arrival and stay." The Duke responded.

I heard buzzing close to my ear and sure enough I saw a fly right in front of my sight. It landed on my nose. My eyes went cross eyed staring at the creature as it just stared back with it's multiple eyes. The Duke raised his eyebrows.

"A friend perhaps?" He suggested.

"Daniela, Cassandra, or is it Bela?" I asked.

"The third." Bela announced tapping the back of my head.

"Hey you." I turned around and hugged her.

She hugged me back and the fly receded back into her body. Her lips as dark as ever along with her eyes shining so brilliantly.

"Care to explain why Aunt Donna traveled outside her house all the way here?" Bela asked.

"Well...I'm not sure how Alcina is gonna take it, but..." I paused.

"Absolutely not." Alcina shook her wine glass.

"But she doesn't have anything else other than that lonely house." I said.

"Then she has no reason to stay here in my castle no less. This isn't an Inn for anyone to come and go as they please (F/N)!"

"Well I'm here aren't I?" I retorted. "Imagine if that was you living all by yourself with no form of company and completely cut off from every other living thing. Imagine yourself being that."

Her silence gave away she heeded my words. The memory of life in the castle before her daughters were many cold restless nights with only the sheets to keep her warm rather than the company of another.

"You do realize we are kept in our own governing places for a reason." She spoke calmly. "She has a purpose there as I do here."

"Oh yeah? Tell me. What is her purpose? To watch the water and wallow in her own self misery with not a single soul to converse with. She has no one and I guarantee you that this "Miranda" does nothing for her!" I shouted. "You have a family while she has nothing."

Alcina winced and closed her eyes taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry I got heated there." I said coming to her as she leaned back into her chair. "I want to do something for her. I only ask you if you're willing to open up yourself to this."

"You are playing a dangerous game (F/N). I can merely interpret your action as having another woman to fondle and parade through as a child does with a toy, but I know you. You're not like that even for a man." She took a drink before letting out a long sigh. "Fine... I will...allow this woman to stay."

"Thank you." I spoke softly leaning forward to kiss her.

Her lips tasted of grapes from the wine. It wasn't blood, but rather a normal drink. I felt her hair and had a half-smile. It was even softer than I last felt my fingers through her strands.