Chapter 1: Never Again

Start from the beginning

“Nice prank mum! Now come out so we can start my birthday party!” I called.

“This isn’t a prank. I’m so sorry, but your mum really is dead.” Paul’s eyes instantly filled with sadness and he put a hand on my shoulder.

“Please, tell me you’re joking.” The reality was starting to sink in and I could feel the corners of my eyes beginning to sting with tears.

“I’m sorry.” Paul said once again.

“B-But she can’t be g-gone. It’s my b-birthday!” I screamed, the tears falling freely.

“How old are you?” He asked sympathetically.

“Eight.” I sniffed.

“Come on kid; let’s get you to the police station.” Paul said gently.

“What? No! I’m not leaving, this is my home!”

“We have to go Louis, we’ll come back to get your stuff later. Perrie will explain everything to you at the police station okay?”

“Who’s Perrie?” I sniffed again.

“Perrie Edwards, she works for the UKFA.”

“What’s that?” I said becoming frustrated.

“She’ll explain.”

I nodded and solemnly followed him from my house, out into the rain. We never came back for my stuff, I was immediately relocated to London. Paul’s lie was only the first of many.

*End of Flashback*

I opened my eyes and wiped away the tears from my eyes, I had been so caught up in my memory that I didn’t notice Harry sitting on my bed, watching me until he cleared his throat. I nearly jumped off of the window seat in surprise.

“I, uh-sorry, you weren’t answering me and…I made breakfast.” Harry rushed out quickly and then scurried me from the room.

I wonder how long he had been sitting there. I stood up and pulled on some black sweat pants and a grey t-shirt. I stopped at the bathroom and picked up my blade. Suddenly it all came rushing back.

*Flashback*