twenty-two

❥ twenty-two

The next day, Chris and Joaquin made their way into the room with coffee for the couple. They arrived to see them snuggled together in her small hospital bed, a smile on Sebastian's lips as his eyes fluttered in his sleep. They walked to sit down in the small waiting area they have been using.
"Has Seb relayed anything to you?" Joaquin asked Chris in that serious fatherly voice.

"He said she knows the basics and is accepting the information well," Chris answered before he raised his cup to his lips.
"Y'know, I never understood how you could just leave her back then..." Joaquin looked at Chris with a grave stare.

"Sir, leaving your daughter was the hardest thing I ever did and it remains the biggest mistake in my life. I will never do anything to hurt her ever again." He pleaded with her father as he only nodded in response.

After a few moments of silent tension, Joaquin cleared his throat. "She needs you both, especially while she doesn't remember the rest of her friends." Chris nodded to her father as the nurse walked into Ophelia's room.

Sebastian sat next to her in bed as they watched videos of their time together, he showed her some of the instagram feed of their year together. He showed her all the amazing people she entangled herself with over the course of the time they have spent since reconnecting.

"Elizabeth Olsen is one of my best friends?" She beamed at Sebastian as he nodded excitedly.
"She is actually obsessed with you, and part of the reason I had the guts to pursue being with you!"

She smiled at the thought, "and Charli and I made up?"
Sebastian gave her a half smile, "I guess. She and you are inseparable. She is even friends with some of the cast now too."

Ophelia nodded, "I was planning on meeting her for our old valentine's day tradition."
He smiled, "and I guess you guys worked it out because that terrifying firecracker has instilled fear in like a dozen of your coworkers atleast once."

They laugh as she reached for her phone, "awe, I miss her. I want to call her."
Sebastian nodded, "I'll get us a snack before I leave for work.

. . . . . .

Ophelia is calling Charli

Hello? Ophelia?

Hey Char, it's been a while.

Girl, you have no idea. Can I come see you?

Sure, Seb has to leave for work soon. Girl time sounds like a nice change of pace after the men I have been around for weeks.

Do you remember...us?

Not anything recent but I do remember wanting to fix our relationship. Come to see me, we can chat.

Love you O.

See you soon Char.

. . . . .

Charli walked into her room with Ophelia's favorite coffee and doughnuts, wearing a bright smile that Ophelia missed.

"Charlotte Preston, you and that face." She hummed as Charlotte grinned at her best friend.

"I hoped you'd be happy to see me." Charlotte shrugged as she rushed towards her friend, putting the coffee and food down and wrapping her arms around her amnesiatic friend.

Ophelia smiled at the familiar face, "can I just say, life feels super insane right now. Chris and I broke up and I'm engaged to Sebastian Stan. I mean what in the actual fuck. I can totally see why, Bash is easily a 12, and I found him sexy before Chris dumped me. But this is crazy. Bonkers. Bazarre. A total banana split."