fifteen

▸ fifteen

𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓷

Beautiful, broken, a piece of her buried.

Sebastian watched his girlfriend fall apart in front of him in a country foreign to her, as he read one of the multiple articles about Ophelia's horrendous traumatic past

Sebastian watched his girlfriend fall apart in front of him in a country foreign to her, as he read one of the multiple articles about Ophelia's horrendous traumatic past. Guilt covered him as he crouched down next to her and held her face in his palm, 'shh-ing' her.

"The truth is out, everyone knows how broken I am now. I'm sorry, Sebastian," she breathed out in a sob. He shook his head and held her face in both of his hands, "don't you ever apologize for what other people did to you. Never."

Every moment he pushed and pried to know more about her past, she was hiding something so horrible from everyone. This joyful and kind woman that showed love to everyone, experienced such a disgusting display of hate. She hid blood curdling, gruesome pieces of herself so well that no one knew the entire truth because she was so busy making others feel happiness.

She looked up at Sebastian in pain as her body sobbed, her breathing unsteady and erratic as the tears filled her eyes and covered her face. He held her and called his assistant to organize quicker travel arrangements quickly before he helped her catch her breath.
He looked at her as the hotel staff helped get all their luggage to their car with haste. The whites of her eyes, so pained and tear filled, now green orbs surrounded with redness.

"Ophelia I need you to breath with me," he grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest as he put his on hers.

"In 1..2..3..4 out 1..2..3..4, long breaths, feel them with me, keep going baby girl. In..... out... that's good," she caught her breathe and ran her fingers through her hair as he ran his thumb along her soaked cheek.

"Oh, Ophelia," he picked her up and set her on the bed and put his favorite hoodie over her head and her sunglasses on her face.

"Baby girl, we just need to get to the car and I will hold you the entire flight home. I got us a private flight." She looked down at her legs, unable to will herself to move forward.

"Who...who told them?" Her words broken, quiet, and so sad as she looked back up at him. He felt himself breaking at the sight of her pain. He held it together for her, the love of his life, as she fell apart infront of him.

"Baby, I don't know. But let's get home and figure it out." He pulled her to her feet and she wrapped her shaking arms around him.
"Seb, I can't do this. I can't talk about it." Her body was shivering and the tension made her nearly stiff under his touch.

"Then you won't talk about it," he pushed her hair from her face, "you're okay Ophelia. You are so strong, I love you so much." He kissed her cheek and pulled her into his arms, carrying her bridal style towards the elevator. "I will keep you safe, O," he whispered as the hotel staff had finished loading their car. She leaned her head into the crook of his neck, "Seb, I'm scared."