.7

Joel had managed to pull Y/n into another room, and closing the door. He finally let go of the weaping girl, who shoved herself away from him. An angry look on her face, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"What the fuck Joel!" Y/n shouted, clearly not thinking about her own words "You should've left me there!" She cried.

"I wasn't going to leave you there, you know that." Joel mumbled, looking at the girl he saw as a daughter with a sympathetic look.

"I can't believe we did that." Ellie exclaimed, looking back and forth from Joel to the door as she followed after the older man.

"Stop." Joel said coldly, as he began walking up some steps after grabbing some supplies.

"We just left her to die." Ellie continued panicked, as she looked at Y/n guilty.

Y/n who was unable to speak at this point, let out another sob. She couldn't belive it, this all had to be some sick dream. Yeah, thats exactly what it had to be.

"Stop!" Joel said louder noticing the delicate state Y/n was in, "You both stay close to me. We need to move." He said.

That's when Y/n heard the gunshots, she looked at the door and didn't move from her spot. More tears falling down her face, her hands shaking slightly. Ellie had walked over to her, and grabbed her hand.

"Y/n, c'mon we've gotta get outta here." Ellie whispered gently, as she gently pulled her away.

Slowly and nervously, Y/n followed after to the girl. Her mind completely blank, and her face covered in tears. Y/n walked up the stairs, her hand still interlaced with Ellie's. They had walked down a small corridor, and were now on a balcony. Joel had quickly walked to Y/n, trying to direct her away from the balcony. But she just shoved past him, and let go of Ellie's hand.

Thats when she saw her mother, shot and dead. A pool of red crimson blood around her. Y/n just stood there, tears no longer falling. At this point she had no more to cry, she just shook slightly. Her body feeling completely numb, as she slapped her hand over her mouth hoping it would muffle her sobs.

 Her body feeling completely numb, as she slapped her hand over her mouth hoping it would muffle her sobs

"Oh my god. Tess..." Ellie whispered in shock, her jaw falling slightly.

"Mom...." Y/n whimpered, her lip trembling slightly. Never did she think that she'd see her mother like this.

"Target neutralized. She took out two of my men." A guard said.

"They're gonna be here soon." Ellie warned, hoping Joel would make them leave so Y/n could be lead away from the horrific sight.

Silently Joel began quickly walking away. Y/n hesitantly took a few steps back, and quickly followed after. Ellie took one last look at Tess, a large amount of guilt crushing her, before she followed Joel and Y/n.