Marcus Armstrong- Lets go home together.

Requested by LarryHoranMalikPayne

14- My family think we are dating. How funny is that.

It's been a long hard two years for Marcus, but he is elated he is finally able to get home and see his family.
He's excited to see some of his old school friends and he has heard that y/n is heading home too. He has been able to see her on and off, as they have both been stuck in Europe. Which has been nice, a bit of comfort for them both. "When is your flight and from where? I'm so nervous flying home again."
Marcus smiles at y/n's text.
"London.. to Singapore and then Singapore to Christchurch. Are my flights home. When are yours?"
They text a while and Marcus heads to her London flat to spend the night before heading home home. It's not the first time they have spent this sort of time together, but first time with y/n acting a bit weird.

Y/n posts photos of their trip. In the airport, on the flight, they have dinner in Singapore as it's an overnight stay. They stay up late chatting. Both being only 21, too young to settle or make lifelong plans. Especially with how Marcus's career is.
"You know if we were to stay in Christchurch, we'd have probably been together by now." Marcus tells her, after managing to get her an upgrade to be beside him.
"Would we? Neither of us want to stay in Christchurch. We used to talk about it every lunchtime, you wanting your F1 career and me just wanting out and exploring." She smiles as their eyes make contact.

Marcus's heart starts to race. It always does when she is near. "You know I'd still pick you, over everyone else." Y/n laughs at him. "No you wouldn't. I'm sure you have the Italian girls swooning over you. Maranello's finest Kiwi." He shakes his head.
"Well yeah they all live for an accent. But they aren't a patch on you. Never have been. Never will be. There is nothing better than a bit of home comfort." Marcus reaches out and tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh? Home comfort? Me? I'm a walking disaster. Hardly comfort." They sit laughing for most of the flight, even when they attempt to watch a film, they sit chatting. Marcus trying to convince her that he would still marry her in a heartbeat.

Spending the night together in Singapore, is just logical. But it's full of their typical mayhem. But nothing sexual happens even when Marcus's happiness is evident in the morning. Once the alarm goes off and they need to get ready and head back to the airport for their second flight together. He almost wishes they didn't share a bed. As it's now made the flight awkward. Until she decides it's nap time and curls into him. But Marcus is too excited to get home and see his family to sleep.
His mum has already asked him what is happening between the pair of them.
With him moving to the UK, for the new season and y/n studying there. He also doesn't have the heart to tell her nothing is happening. It wasn't something he had thought about when he made the move.

As they disembark, Marcus grabs y/n's hand. She looks at him confused, but doesn't tug away.
"My mum might've told your mum she will drop you off..." Marcus starts to say. "Okay. That because my sister is in labour?" Marcus shakes his head.
"No. I don't know... she maybe thinks we are together." He says quietly.
"Huh? Marcus, what?" She looks at him, close to laughing.
"It's not just my mum.. My family think we are dating. How funny is that?"
Y/n looks at him confused.
"Wait what? Why? Is this your schoolboy thing again? I know we made the pact when we were twelve. But I'm sure we agreed on thirty or forty. Not nine years later. I'm sorry if I've led you on. We maybe should've got separate rooms."
Marcus closes his eyes, gnawing his lip. "Please. Just humour her. Then we won't need to see each other again after this drive home."