Paul Aron- Mercedes Pair

Requested by sasgang01

15 I like the way our hands fit together

12- Why cant I stop thinking about you?

Paul met y/n during off season training, at the Mercedes factory. But he met every one of the Mercedes drivers apart from Lewis. No one had really heard anything from him since the end of the previous season.

At the end of the training, Toto took them out to dinner. Paul made sure he was sitting next to y/n. She had made him laugh and pushed him more than he could think possible. She never told him which formula or team she would be starting for.
Until the dinner.
"Okay guys, welcome to the new season. I have a clip from Lewis to share with you all."
Paul is sure he can feel y/n's hand on his leg, she hasn't been her typical self.
She looks nervous and on edge.

"Hey guys.. George, Toto. I hope you all have an amazing season. During this time out, I have done a lot of thinking and soul searching. I won't be returning to F1. I am retiring, I have had an amazing opportunity and I am so thankful for everything that the team has done and given me.
But I give my seat to a very special individual, who I am sure will surprise the grid and the world with her talent. Welcome to the Mercedes family y/n. You have wowed me for years and I can't wait to see what you can do in the F1 car and I know George will look after you. Go and make history kiddo."

Paul looks at her... "you didn't tell me?" He moans softly at her. She nods her head. "Yeah, I've sneaked off for seat fittings, suit fittings.." she smiles at him. "Well done! I'm very much jealous."

Paul doesn't see y/n after the meal, she is hauled into meetings and the media circus. But he does get a random dm from her. "Can I post a photo of you?"
He responds almost immediately even though he is out with his family.
"Happy birthday to the Estonian legend. 18 at last 😝"
He knows it won't be long until he will see her on the track. Paul can only imagine how nervous she is. She goes off the grid for a while before Bahrain.
"You coming out with the prema guys and I." He texts her, as he knows they are both in Bahrain. "Sure. Where and when?" Paul is glad when Ralf says he will come out. "Will her new position change her?" He asks his older brother. Who shakes his head. "Shouldn't unless she can't handle pressure."

Paul is nervous to see her again. Worrying that she will be different. Or won't be as flirty as she was with him.
But she cancels last minute. Without any excuse.
But is seen out by the social media gossips with George and his girlfriend.
Paul spots her in the hospitality of Mercedes. "Should you not be getting ready for your race Paul?" Someone asks him. But he shakes his head.
"Oi. You ditch me for him.. and his girlfriend. Great dinner time conversation was it." Y/n looks at him. "What? No. I seen you were out with some of the ferrari boys. I can't be seen with ferrari boys." Paul shakes his head.
"I thought you were different. Don't get too big for your boots. Remember your just as easily filled as any other seat."

He storms away and ends up crashing out of his first race. Which annoys him more.
Even when y/n turns up at the Prema pit wall. "What do you want? Sure there isn't too many Ferrari people around?" He moans at her. "Paul. Are you okay?" Y/n asks genuinely concerned. "I didn't even know you'd be watching me. Why? Yes I'm fine." He grabs her hand and pulls her somewhere quiet. Which is hard considering she is the only female F1 driver around.
"Why didn't you come out last night and don't say ferrari boys. They were excited to meet you away from all this."
Y/n stares at the ground. "I'm sorry. I said yes; then got given a bible of rules I've to follow. You'd think it would be as stupid as don't get pregnant. But. No. It dictates who I should be seen out with." Paul can't help but smile. "So you've to stay single? But I can't get you out of my head. Why can't I get you out of my head?" He smiles, knowing he is teasing her.
She already admitted during training that she was attracted to him.
"Surely you should be okay. Your a bloody Mercedes driver." She smiles at him, twirling one of his curls. It makes Paul gulp. His sarcastic self is stumped and he has no words.