Bad hair day (4)

You groaned and pressed a hand against your face as you glared at the messy haired Doctor, who was staring at you sheepishly.

" Doctor, what on earth happened?!"

You asked, taking a step forwards. The Doctor had been left alone in your flat for less than an hour while you went to the shops for some food, and when you had returned...

Your eyes roamed over the empty shampoo bottles, hairspray cans and a singular bottle of maple syrup, with an eyebrow raised.

" well, when you left I got really hungry, so I went into the kitchen to make pancakes, but before I could do anything the maple syrup fell on my head and got all my hair sticky. I went to wash it, and you know I'm new to this body, so I didn't really know what to use so I sorta used... everything.."

The Doctor was rushing through the explanation, and some of her words merged together. Her cheeks were going redder with everything she said, and you sighed deeply before stopping walking right in front of her, narrowly missing slipping on a bottle of hairspray. The Doctor gasped as you ran a hand through her sticky hair. Boy, this was going to take forever. Forever and a day.

" Okay, Doc, go in the bathroom and take a shower. No products. Might get some of the stuff off. There's a towel in there, I'll go get you some pyjamas and some tea."

The Doctor smiled at your words, and made her way to the bathroom, while you picked up some of the bottles and put them in the bin. After a few minutes of mopping, the kitchen was looking considerably better. You knocked gently on the bathroom door.

" I'm in a towel!"

The Doctors voice was muffled, and you opened the door a crack as you closed your eyes and held out the pyjamas. Soft hands took them from yours, and you closed the door slowly.

" Thanks!"

You smiled softly at the familiar Yorkshire accent, and walked away to the kitchen to make some tea. You had finished popping in the seventh sugar cube (just how The Doctor liked it) when you heard footsteps.

You turned around with a smile on your face, but it quickly dropped. The Doctor looked... adorable. Her sunny hair was soft and fluffy, she was dressed in your slightly too big pjs and she looked nervous like anything.

" Oh no.. does it look bad?"

She asked. You quickly shook your head, and grinned sincerely.

" You look gorgeous!"

Fuck. You had just called her gorgeous. You prepared for the worst, but it never came. Instead a wide grin spread across The Doctors face as she picked up the tea.

" Thanks, Y/N!"

A blush has spread across your cheeks, but you quickly unfroze from your statue like state, and walked into your living room, sitting down on the couch.

" Right, sit down, pass me that brush, and I'll put on This Morning."

Your voice came out somewhere between demanding and caring, but The Doctor didn't seem to mind, and did as you said. You sat there a few minutes gently brushing the shiny golden hair of your beloved alien, before finally you were finished.

The Doctor turned to you, eyes asking the question 'how is it?' so her mouth didn't have to. You smiled in response and she relaxed against you, moving her head again to see the screen.

"You don't mind if I braid it, dyou?"

You asked, suddenly feeling very brave. The Doctor seemed to consider it a second before responding.

" Not at all! I've not had my hair braided in a while.."

The Doctor went on to talk about how Queen Elizabeth the First had had a thing for braiding her short hair when she was in male form. You giggled a few times at the idea, and she joined in. Her hair was soft and easy to weave, and you were done in a few minutes, The Doctors hair now in a small braid.

She rushed away to the bathroom to look at it, and returned smiling like an idiot.

" Like it?"

You asked teasingly. She nodded her head, and sat down beside you.

You admired her for a few seconds, taking in the features of her that you rarely ever got to see. Her eyes were so beautiful... you had never really noticed... and her lips..

After a moment of debating with yourself, you took a risk, and pressed a soft, quick kiss against The Doctors lips. She smiled, and her wise, old eyes watched you for a second, before she pressed soft kisses against your cheeks and lips.

" If I'd have known this would have happened, I would have ruined me hair ages ago!"

She giggled, and you playfully hit her on the arm, gaining a dramatic 'ow' from her.