Pretty Please (3)

I winced as the banging sounded through the darkness of the room I was in. I tried desperately to find The Doctor, but nothing. I was about to take another step when-

I woke up with a start, my heart beating rapidly and my eyes wide. I fell back into my pillows, eyes falling shut and breathing heavy. Just a dream... Wait, if it's just a dream... who's knocking and calling my name?

" Y/N? Y/N are you okay? "

The door slammed open, and the silhouette of The Doctor stood in my doorway. I was about to ask her what was wrong before she rushed towards me and sat on the bed next to me.

" Y/N! You were screaming! What happened? Are you hurt?"

She was blabbing like an idiot, and I took a deep breath before speaking.

" I'm sorry, I had a nightmare... I must have been making a lot of noise.... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to trouble yo-"

The Doctor interrupted my rambling by placing a hand on my cheek, and pressing her soft lips against mine. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her down so we lay together.

" I'll always be here if anything happens, Kay?"

She mumbled into my hair, her breath fanning across my cheek. I smiled a little and for a few minutes we just lay there, her arms fiddling with my hair and mine with hers. But then, alas, she moved.

" Keep safe alright, and don't be having any more nightmares!"

I felt a twang of hurt inside of me, and pulled her back, my hand wrapped round her wrist gently.

" Can't you stay with me? I'm sure I'd sleep a lot better with you here..."

My eyes pleaded with hers, which had taken on a sympathetic look. I could guess what she was about to say.

" Y/N, I wish I could, but the Tardis needs repairing..."

She looked like she was reasoning with herself more than I. I knew she was reluctant to get close to me, but couldn't she relax a little.  I moved to stand, and did my best puppy eyes as I pulled The Doctor close.

" Cmon.. Pretty please...?"

She couldn't say no to my cute face, and sighed before smiling and hopping onto the bed. I grinned and lay down next to her.

" I knew you'd make a better pillow..."

I whispered. She laughed, and pulled me close to her. After a few minutes our breathing settled into a rhythm as we drifted off into a restful sleep....