Moments(1)

I sipped my coffee slowly, my eyes fixed on the laptop screen in front of me.

" Y/N! Y/N, where are you?? "

I groaned and pressed a hand to my face. The Doctors voice, cheery and bright, was not what I wanted to hear at this moment. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love her to bits, but it's seven o'clock in the morning and I really dont fancy getting a free leg amputation via pot plant. That was not a fun planet to visit. Despite what The Doctor might say.

" Y/N! There you are! "

I groaned as the voice of the Time Lord rang out from behind me. I had gone to the library for some peace and quiet to work on some stuff, but nope. I just had to get caught.

" C'mon, get up! Lot's to see today! I'm planning to go to the Bermuda Triangle. I have a friend there who needs some help. "

She jumped into the chair across from me, almost knocking my crappy laptop off the table with her excitement.

" Doctor, I really have to get some stuff done. I'm real sorry but I can't come today. "

My heart broke a little at her obvious deflation, shoulders slumping a little, and eyes losing a tiny bit of their glow. Who knew me not coming would affect her that much? Certainly not me.

" Oh... Well, thats disappointing.. You sure you can't come? "

She asked hopefully, fixing me with a piercing gaze. I smiled and shook my head slowly. The Doctor sighed and got up, resting a hand on my shoulder.

" Well, I'm sure the Tardis will find a way of keeping you entertained. Won't ya, old girl? "

She yelled at the ceiling, gaining a whirr of response. She smiled, and headed away, cloak swishing behind her. I grinned to myself before yelling after her.

" Don't get in too much trouble! "

I smiled at the response of,

" I'm not that irresponsible! "

I fixed my eyes on the screen again, and clicked the buttons furiously, determined to get this done as quick as I could, so to join The Doctor out there on another adventure. But, without warning, a heavy sleep came over me, causing my face to smash into the keyboard, and my eyes to slam shut.

I tried to protest the sleep, but my efforts were fruitless. I fell into a deep sleep.

*****

"Y/N! Cmon, love, it's okay."

The Doctors soft yet worried voice roused me from my unrestful slumber. My entire body felt in pain, and I groaned as the sound of the sonic buzzing came from somewhere near my shoulder. I felt hands gently shaking me awake and grunted and opened my eyes slowly, squinting at the figure in front of me. She shifted into focus, and I immediately recognised the blonde hair. What I didn't recognise was the skin flecked with blood. I moved to my feet as quickly as I could, and groaned as head rush settled over me.

I blinked a few times before stumbling forwards into The Doctors awaiting arms.

" Why so bloody? "

I muttered into her chest. She laughed at my hoarse voice and guided me towards the small sofa, resting my head on her lap as she sat there.

" Not mine. Not even blood. Ran into a very aggressive wine merchant. Wasn't happy when I almost destroyed some of his best wine when I teleported a ship away from here... "

She muttered. I coughed, realising how dry my throat was. It was like it had been rubbed with sandpaper, drenched in lemon juice and then left to heal wrong for several years. I was shivering uncontrollably, given I was drenched in cold sweat, and The Doc pulled a soft blanket over us both, her hands winding into my hair, and undoing the tangles that had set during the many hours of work I had done.

I sighed happily a closed my eyes, listening to her soft words as she told me stories of her adventures and hummed sweet songs in Gallifreyan. Whatever sickness had overtaken me was temporarily gone, as the humming of the Tardis rang out like a melody, and The Doctors cool body pressed against mine, her twin hearts beating like a steady rhythm.

I fell asleep to The Docs soft snores, and smiled as her hands unknowingly pulled me closer.

This would never truly last forever, nothing really does, but this moment felt like it was everlasting, and that was good enough for me.