"So magic is actually real," Chiara whispered excitedly beside her, gazing at the cutlery till they moved out of sight. "I wonder what else she'll show us."

"Now, what were we saying?" The woman asked, focusing her attention on the rest of them sitting opposite her. Mareike felt a chill in the air, and a vibration in her left side as the woman squinted her eyes in her direction for the second time.

Instinctively she touched her leg, and felt the rough texture of the note in her pocket. She felt the woman's eyes on her, and immediately put a finger into her mouth putting her teeth to work. Her gut instinct did not want anyone's eyes on that note, and neither did she.

They were still staring at each other when Ravka replied Ace, "Our crystals are quickly fading, while Jeshan is becoming stronger. You need to reach the castle as soon as possible, and claim your family's abilities, before they strike."

"Abilities? We get other abilities?" Femi asked, sitting forward for the first time since they arrived.

"Yes, my child. Come closer," she beckoned to him and he walked towards her till he was crouched at her side.

"You're different from the rest of them," she continued calmly and grabbed his hand before he could stand up, "I don't mean your colour child, we have crisiants like you here, you just have a different aura."

She released his arm, and placed her hold on his face as she closed her eyes and started to sway from side to side. Tihan motioned Femi to stay calm, and everyone observed them in silence as the woman let out a loud breath and opened her mouth.

"The path you walk is not the path you seek,
But the one that’s behind you is the one you must find,
In a circle where life and death meet,
There you’ll discover the rest of your kind."

Ravka released him and collapsed onto her chair, breathing heavily while they all stared at Femi in curiosity.

"That was a prophecy, wasn't it?" Priya asked quietly, moving to his side to help him up.

"Yes, it was." Ace moved to the woman's side and helped her up. "What does that mean, Ravka?"

"Son, I've never known what the goddess, bless her life, means by what she says." She paused and laid her shawl on the table beside her, "But I know he's an integral part of Meissa's victory or defeat."

The woman opened her mouth like she wanted to say more, but she shook her head instead and stood up balancing her weight on the wooden cane. Beside her, Femi's eyes still shone wide and he kept muttering to himself repeatedly.

"I think it's time Ace took you to Nevada. The gifting ceremony needs to be held as quickly as possible."

"We're going somewhere else?" Chiara questioned, just at the same time as Tihan complained, "How do we even know they're really from here?"

Both of them looked at each other and hissed, not very quietly. Ravka simply smiled and touched Tihan's shoulder,

"Their energies are from Meissa, and it's obvious that they are our kindred. And to answer your question, child," she turned to Chiara, "Yes, there's more to come."

The woman sighed quietly, "The goddess welcomes you home, and wants to give you her blessings. Come, children."

"I don't believe in that," Eryk replied adamantly.

Ravka shrugged and moved past him, raising an eyebrow when he made the sign of the cross. "She knows, but that won't stop her. You're her child too, no matter how much of the other world you possess."

"Ahh, my dear child." The woman smiled when she reached Priya. She touched her face affectionately, but quickly drew back as if she had been burned.

"What are your abilities?" She asked quietly, and when Priya shook her head, the woman recoiled and touched her palm.