julieta madrigal x reader

might have slower updates, college work has started picking up on me 😭😭😭

hope you guys like this short one :)

You always liked to cook. Ever since you were a kid, you were always in the kitchen helping your parents cook. Even if they'd just give you a small task like rinsing the vegetables, you'd still do it with a lot of enthusiasm. Your mom always tells you that maybe you were destined to be a cook, since they owned a restaurant in the encanto, and you just happened to have a love for cooking. And maybe she was right. No dish has ever come out wrong for you and you could remember a recipe even if you just read it once. You even helped out your parents at the restaurant whenever they needed it.

  And today, they needed your help.

Surprisingly, it had nothing to do with the restaurant, but Doña Alma had asked your parents if they could help her daughter, Julieta, learn some more dishes. Your parents agreed but realized that the kitchen in the restaurant probably wasn't the best place to teach a new learner. They didn't want to overwhelm the girl.  So they asked you if you could teach the Madrigal.

She was to meet you at your house at around noon, and while you prepped what you were going to make today, you still weren't sure why she wanted to learn, since she could heal people with anything she makes.

You hear a few soft knocks on the door, and you rush over to open it. You meet eyes with a warm-skinned girl, she had a blue bow in her hair and a beautiful blue apron to match it.

"I'm Julieta, are you (Y/N)?"

"Yeah! That's me." You give her a welcoming smile, and let her in. Julieta steps inside, and you lead her to the kitchen. She glances around, noticing how your kitchen is a bit smaller than la casita's. But it's full of a lot more spices and kitchenware. She realizes that you've been watching her, and she quickly apologizes.

"I'm sorry!"

You smile softly, "No, you're fine, I know we got a lot of stuff in here."

"No, it's not that...I've just haven't been in someone else's house before, well, not in their kitchen at least."

"Well, you can make yourself at home."

-

You decide to teach her how to make buñuelos. It's your personal favorite, and she has never made them before.  You set out the ingredients, organizing the dry ingredients from the wet ingredients, mostly just to make it easier for her. You gave her a rundown of what you guys were going to do and said nothing much besides that.

The both of you start mixing the dry ingredients, slowly adding the wet ingredients to the mix.

As you start heating the oil, and she shapes the dough into small balls, you decide to break the silence.

"So...why are you here?" You realize that it came out rudely, and you quickly correct yourself. "Not that I don't want you here, just...what makes you want to learn more?"

Julieta giggles, "My gift lets me heal anyone with the food I make. I want to learn how to make more, so the townspeople won't get tired of the same old thing." She smiles as she places down the last ball onto the plate, "I really like helping people, and Mama always tells me and my siblings that our gifts should be used to help everyone in the encanto."

You smile, she was much more gentle than you initially thought. Most of the time, some women in the encanto ask your parents for recipes so they can make more food for their husbands. But Julieta genuinely had good intentions to help people.

She nods up at you, "And what about you? What makes you love cooking?"

"I like it whenever someone tells me my cooking is good. I guess I like the validation." Julieta smiles.

You jolt as a splash of oil hits your arm. Julieta tries not to laugh as you quickly step away from the cast iron.

You rub your arm softly and chuckle, "I guess the oil is ready."

You and Julieta talk a lot more about yourselves as you cook them, and when it's time for her to go, she whispers, "I'll ask Mama if I can come again tomorrow,  maybe she'll let me bring Pepa and Bruno along. You'll love them."

You smile, "I hope."

She waves goodbye, and you go start washing the dishes, hoping that tomorrow will come sooner.

again, I hope you guys liked it :)))

seeing your comments make my day :)