yandere!isabela madrigal x reader

a request from a friend lol

You breathe heavily as you run through town, it's nighttime and everyone is sleeping, so who could you be running from? You jump over carts and knockdown barrels in your way, hoping that someone would hear and step out. You can't yell, because she's right behind you. You don't know what she would do to you if you called out for help, so making as much noise as possible was your best option.

But then out of nowhere, multiple cacti erupt from the ground, blocking your path. You trip over them, growling with pain as the sharp needles scrape against your legs, some sticking. Your heart pounds with fear as you look up at your pursuer. She shakes her head slowly. "I know I always said that I could never hurt you. But you left me no choice, mi vida." You groan in pain as sharp vines bind your arms together.

"Isabela, por favor, you have to let me go! Sabes que te amo! But this isn't okay!" You look up pleadingly at her cold eyes, "Please...you're hurting me."

Isabela doesn't crack, her cold eyes looking down at you and you realize that she's no longer the caring woman you fell in love with. This woman is terrifying. When did your Isa change to be this violent?

You met Isabela downtown near el mercado, she was growing flowers for some villagers, and you were coming back from el mercado after getting some harina for your mom. You watched as she bloomed flowers on windowsills with just a wave of a hand. And that was when you made eye contact, and instead of looking away and walking off like you should've done, you stood mesmerized by the warm-skinned girl. It was already too late to walk away, and she was already walking towards you.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" You weren't sure if there was annoyance in her voice, but then again, you were caught staring at her.

"Um...no, I was just watching you...grow flowers." You chuckle awkwardly. She smiles in amusement and shows you her palm. A rose blooms, and she extends her hand out to you. "It's for you." You smile sheepishly and take it. Isabela waves goodbye and turns around, flowers flowing behind her.

-

You begin to see Isabela around town more often, in el mercado, near the plaza, and even near your house. It seemed that wherever you go, she just happened to be there. So it was obvious you were going to talk to her. She was a fun person to talk to, she would always tell you about her interesting family and the shenanigans they run into. She talks about how her dad, Augustin, would always get stung by bees whenever he's working outside, or how her Tia Pepa would accidentally cause a thunderstorm whenever a small inconvenience would happen. She would also rant to you whenever she needed someone to talk to. It would always depend, but most of the time it was about Mirabel or the stress of making her Abuela happy.

She was the definition of perfect, that was for sure. You felt lucky knowing that you were probably the only other person in Encanto who wasn't a Madrigal, that was this close to Isabela. You know people your age would kill to be you.

But Isabela thought otherwise.

She was definitely in love with you, she was certain of that. You never brought up gifts or her extraordinary family when you were with her. It was always about her, not her gift, just her. She loved how you would ask her about her day, or asked about her plans for the week and such. You saw her, and you seemed to be the only person in town to do that. If she could, she would just claim you as hers and have you live with her. But there was one small problem, she was to be engaged to Mariano. He wasn't too bad, just really annoying. She didn't like how he would just watch her whenever she was doing chores around town. Or how he would try serenading her in front of everyone. She didn't want him, he wasn't for her. Her cousin Dolores could have him. Isabela just wants you. She was made for you, and you were made for her.