Chapter 2 - Sharingan Eyes

Everything was dark except for the full moon in the sky. It cast a faint glow over the entire village. She didn't recognize where she was, this area did not look familiar to her but she noticed the Uchiha crest scattered throughout this area.

'This must be the Uchiha Compound where Papa grew up.'

The Uchiha Compound no longer existed because the entire village was destroyed and rebuilt before she was born but she knew their current house was built where it used to be.

The streets were empty, which wasn't necessarily unusual since it appeared to be late at night. She noticed a figure out of the corner of her eye. It was a young boy, probably about 7 or 8. He was running down the street towards her.

'Papa?'

He looked a lot like her if she didn't have her glasses on. His hair was shorter and spiked out in the back and did not cover his face like it did now.

She followed Sasuke as he ran through the compound. It was strange, she didn't have to move her legs to follow him, she just had to think it. She felt like a balloon tethered to him by a string.

There was something ahead in the road that made him slow down. As they closed the distance she gasped as she realized they were dead bodies. Blood stained their clothes and pooled on the ground around them. Their clothes torn from where it looked like a blade cut through them.

Sasuke took off again, racing as fast as he could to his parents house. He called out, "Mother? Father? Big Brother?" She could see the fear on his face and hear it in his voice. She had never seen him like this before.

He opened the door and saw his parents' dead bodies lying in a pile on the floor. Itachi stood behind them, his blood soaked blade at his side.

'Uncle Itachi?' Sarada covered her mouth and screamed. It didn't matter if they could hear her or not.

She didn't know much about her uncle. Sasuke never liked to talk about him but she never imagined this to be the reason. She never knew her clan was gone because of her family memeber.

'This is what happened to our clan? They were murdered by my uncle?'

Everything blurred and time seemed to flash forward. She was no longer inside but now back out in the street. Her father was in the street staring down his brother. Itachi activated his Sharingan and placed him under Genjutsu. Sasuke held his head in his hands, screaming at the top of his lungs, begging for his big brother to stop. She couldn't tell what he was seeing but she didn't want to.

It was over in a second but Sarada knew how slowly time passed under Genjutsu. He fell to his hands and knees but when he opened his eyes they showed the One Tomoe Sharingan and he passed out a moment later. She looked to her Uncle and she could see tears streaming down his face. He looked remorseful and full of pain. He then turned and left the village.

This left her even more confused.

Sarada weaved the hand signs quickly and transported herself back to Orochimaru's lab. She fell to her knees and put her head in her hands. Her face was wet from the stream of tears falling from her eyes.

'Poor Papa. I had no idea. . .'

She wiped her cheeks with the back of her hands and took deep breaths.

'I have to keep going. I have to see what else they've hidden from me.' This was hard but she couldn't even begin to think of anything else they may have kept from her. She deserved to know.

She stood and took one last deep breath and then weaved her signs again.

"Show me when Papa unlocks his Second Tomoe."