Chapter 12

A/N: This chapter is going to be a bit short because there is going to be the set up, and then next chapter is the execution because I had a time skip of like an hour or two in the middle and it just didn't feel right to leave it in one chapter like that.

----

Peter's POV.

~3 days later~

"Come on Peter," Wade tells me and holds my mask up, only out of reach since I was still sitting on the edge of my bed, body clad in my suit. "It's one date. One more night of sabbatical wouldn't kill you."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I've taken too much time off as Spider-Man this year. We go on dates all th-"

"A real date, just you and me, real people going out." Wade shook his head, it wasn't typical for him to push for them to go out, in fact Peter can't remember a time when Wade and him did actually go out just as themselves if it didn't involve Jason. They didn't really spend time like that together. "Not just two masked people on the roof or take out on the couch, that's just everyday stuff that we always do. Let me take you on a real date, very casual with lots of fun, Peter Parker and Wade Wilson." It didn't seem like he was going to take no for an answer, and with us never actually going on a date like this before it would be hard to say no.

I run a hand through my hair and take a deep breath through my nose. "Yeah okay." I nod, and pull my hand back down over my face before letting it fall to my side. "I'll go get Jason dressed. Where are we going to go?" I asked, I didn't like surprises, especially when people weren't supposed to know I was still in the States right now. I got up from the bed and began to peel off one of the gloves, it wasn't as difficult as usual as I had just put it on.

"No, don't worry about him, May is picking him up and should be here any second." Wade says, a smile on his face. "We're going to have fun. It'll be fine!" He practically skipped out of the room. "Just get yourself dressed and we'll be on our way." He was already down the hall so his voice had faded a bit.

"You didn't say where we were going..." I mumbled and pulled off the other glove. This was fine, one more night couldn't hurt anyone, and no one would know it was me wherever we went, Peter Parker wasn't exactly noticeable and that was a good thing... I kept feeling a low tingle, it might be my spider sense, but it could also just be anxiety.

'This was going to be fun, the real fun that real people are supposed to have.' I thought to myself, "You are a real person, real people get to have fun." I say to myself because just thinking it didn't sound convincing enough on it's own. "Clothes, getting dressed yes, that's something we can do"

I move over towards my dresser and open a drawer, staring down into them. When was the last time I went out as Peter Parker, just a random kid having fun and not Peter Parker dressed for the job or pajamas around the apartment. "This is fine, total Spider Sense just going to do what it says and it's going to be fine." I say aloud again and reach my hand out, I'm not sure why I expected something to happen, that's not how my sense works and I know that, not when I want it, just any other time. "You sure are useful. I can feel you buzzing back there..." I looked through a couple of the shirts before pulling out both a long sleeve and a short sleeve, they both felt like something I would have typically worn. I slid the brown long sleeve over my suit and looked down at it before pulling a blue short sleeve shirt over it.

"See, not too bad, I'm already looking pretty good." I pull open the drawer underneath and pull out some jeans, nicer ones, they didn't have any rips or look worn out. I still don't know where Wade was taking me so I didn't want to dress too fancy, but I didn't want to seem too casual. I threw some socks and my sneakers on, as I had not put on my suit's boots before, before I grabbed a zip up hoodie and a light jacket too.

This felt comfortable, was I wearing too many layers though? No this was fine, this was comfortable and if I was being forced to go on a date and have a very pleasant time then I was going to have to be comfortable. Something still felt off, Peter Parker had more than this to his outfits.

I move over to my nightstand and open up the drawer, pushing stuff around until I found what I was looking for. I pulled out the case and blew the dust off of it before opening it up to find the thick framed glasses. I've been wearing my contacts so much with being Spider-man so often that it just seemed easier to have the contacts in all the time, but maybe he could just relax his eyes and put his glasses back on for the night, hell they were much more comfortable anyway so he really should have just been wearing them more, the contacts had just seemed more convenient. I walk out of my room with them, stuffing my rolled up boots into my pockets along with my mask on the way out, just in case.

I start making my way to the bathroom and can hear May's voice down stairs, not very well but she was picking up Jason and I trusted that she knew how to take care of him. I continue on and take out my contact case when getting in the bathroom. I take the contacts out rather easily, so I've got that going for me, and set them in their respected trays before putting my glasses on.

"This is good," I said, speaking of my outfit "casual and this is casual." Why was I so nervous, it was just a date with Wade. I've been on dates before and I've been with Wade for a while now too, friends with him for even longer so I shouldn't be nervous about this. This was going to be our first official date though, what if things end up getting weird after this, or is this too fast.

"We've been together for a while, one date isn't going to make things move too fast. This date is well overdue for us." I straighten out my clothes a bit and run my fingers through my hair, trying to tame it even though it was a bit pointless with it being unmanageable for the most part.

I took a deep breath before making my way down the stairs, figuring Wade was down there since I didn't hear him coming up the stairs. Once at the bottom I saw him lying on the couch with jeans and a gray hoodie, hood raised over the cap that was on his head.

"So are you going to tell me where we're headed now?" I asked him and sat on the arm of the chair, looking down at him through the thick frame glasses situated on my face, seeing a bit more clearly with them on.

Wade looked up and smiled a bit, shaking his head no. "You look beautiful." He said softly as he stared up at me, hand moving up to caress my cheek gently. It was definitely a nice moment, something a bit different than our regular daily pace. "Have I ever told you how sexy you look with your glasses on?"

Okay moment over. "No you haven't," I chuckled and put my hand over his, giving it a soft squeeze. "But I'm sure it's something you're going to repeat to me all night."

"Oh you definitely know it will be." Wade sat up and pressed a quick peck on my lips. "Now come on. Let's get going."

----

A/N: Again sorry it's nothing to long but I felt like they needed some actually Wade and Peter time away from the baby to help actually develop their relationship beyond what it actually is, give a bit of detail about how their dating life hasn't exactly been anything at all and just pregnancy and kid stuff. I'm starting to ramble so I'm going to cut this note off here.

If you liked this chapter please remember to drop a vote and a comment. Either would help this story out a lot in the long run. Thanks so much.