Ten

(Special note: Hi, I usually don't do this but this chapter does deal with suicide and expressing the want to die. Please, please be careful when you are reading. It's not in depth on how the suicide goes about but it does go into the thought process of why. And, please, be cautious with what you comment, this is a pretty sensitive subject to others and to me with the view point.)

-

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I can't believe you would say that!"

Calum's voice tore from his throat violently, scratchy and raw as he screamed at Luke in pure bled frustration and anger. His tears clouded up his sights, mask hot as his face grew red, skin feeling like it was on fire. Luke only stared up at him with sincere eyes, feeling his heart turn at Calum's pained tone.

He had gone too far, thought would've been easier but it was tearing him apart just as much as it sounded it was to Calum. The brunet's hands shook, clenched tightly with his knuckles swollen and red. Luke regretted saying it for a short moment, hearing Calum's voice cracking and the way the tension around them shifted worse. He didn't want to hurt Calum or Ashton anymore, didn't want either of them to keep having to deal with such a burden.

He didn't want to see Calum's face filled with anger and hurt when he first saw him, unable to look anymore as he looked down instead as Calum threw his mask against the floor with his force, Luke surprised it didn't shatter or crack as it collided with the pavement under them.

"You're not so bad on the eyes, doll face. I was kinda hoping you were really ugly. It would probably make this a hell of a lot easier."

"Fuck you, Luke! I can't believe your making jokes right now! Why are you being so stupid?"

He couldn't keep his smile up with Calum's anger, fake anyway as it dropped and he nodded defeatedly, feeling his stomach turning as Calum's raw voice cut at his ears. He didn't want to look at Calum, not when his pretty brown eyes looked so hurt and filled with tears that ran over his blushed cheeks and his tone was soaked in desperation as he screamed.

He didn't want to know what Ashton was hiding behind his mask, still couldn't face him either even while his face was covered completely. How was Michael still destroying everything? He hated it, hated that Michael still found the two people who tortured Luke worse than anything else in his life. A month and he finally had his solution to his problems. He wondered if Ashton blamed himself for making Luke finally think for himself, if Calum would blame the man he loved for someone he cared about.

He finally found something that made him happy and Michael was still destroying it, him. He had spent two weeks thinking, staying up for hours trying to figure what to do with himself, what he wanted. What did he want? He wanted to go back, before he had met Michael and tried to protect his dad, before he had put himself into Michael's sights and learned the man didn't care about money but power.

He wanted corruption, to take Luke's everything and Luke hated to admit it but knew the other man had won almost all of the battles he tried to put against him. He was sure that Michael would've won this one too, this final battle, if it hadn't been for the hesitations that Calum and Ashton both had towards him, that Michael's plan would've succeeded and he would've been dead easily. Some things did fall into his favor, Luke almost wished they hadn't as he sat on the floor drained of himself and his own mind, hands laid onto his lap.

Michael had been his first everything, though Luke didn't want it at first. He had submitted, fell into what Michael had forced him to become and it became his life to always be that way. As much as he wished it was so easy, that his want to stop was enough, it wasn't and would never be. He knew he couldn't escape it, only in death and he knew that the person he wanted to take his life was on his knees in front of him, crying about actually having to do it.