Four

"If this prick says something about you again, I'm going to castrate him, Ash. He called you a freak. A fucking freak! As if he's some saint. You know I hate when people talk about you. It just makes me so-"

Calum cut himself off with a loud groan tearing from the back of his throat harshly when he couldn't find the words, Ashton catching his hands before he could pull at his hair in frustration, making him look down at him from how he sat in his lap. His hair pushed forward into his face a little more from how the painted skull sat on top of his curls, brown eyes darkened as Ashton gently held his wrist in one hand with his other resting comfortably on his hip again.

"Don't worry about him, Bonny. I don't care what he says about me. He isn't the first prick we've worked with and won't be the last. Have you been taking your medication regularly? Do I need to start sitting it out and watching you again?"

The brunet tried looking away as he shook his head, pitifully lying to the man who saw right through, Calum huffing when Ashton tapped his hip to make him look back down. He resisted moving again for a couple moments, Ashton not budging either as he waited in silence for him to make the first move. He listened after hesitating for a moment, putting his forehead against his and pouting out his bottom lip as Ashton spoke without making him move away with their faces so closed together and a slight strain in his eyes with having to look up with the brunet being slightly taller at the moment.

"I told you that we only work if you promise to take your medication everyday, Calum. I can't have you out when you're not taking care of yourself."

Calum dropped back slightly, Ashton supporting his weight so he didn't hit the floor as they waited in their room for the man to get to them from wherever he'd be picked up from. He nodded, lifting himself back up as he promised to get back on schedule right and that he'd take care of himself better. Ashton kissed his cheek, pulling him down and closer into his chest as he messed with the brunet's hair, feeling Calum weigh down against him more with no support of himself.

Calum would never say he hated how well Ashton knew him to know he hadn't taken his medicine after barely a couple days, knowing he wouldn't have gotten away with it the second he left the little cup of pills on the counter of their bathroom from where he had seen Ashton set it down for him. He knew it was only to keep him healthy, that Ashton always put him first and he loved it and appreciated it but it didn't mean he liked taking it everyday. He could never lie to Ashton, especially when the man was staring intently at him with his soft hazel eyes, always suddenly telling the truth even if he didn't want to.

It was for his protection and he knew that, knew Ashton could tell when he was getting sensitive with easier triggers but he really just didn't like Michael either because of what he said. Money was money and he knew Michael was an asshole but it didn't make it any better because usually people mouthed off and called him names, not Ashton. He just hated his boyfriend being ridiculed in anyway, bending backwards on top of Ashton as they sat on the couch, smiling upside down to the man from under his mask when Ashton had slipped it down for him when they heard the door of the hotel room they were using at the time, watching him fight useless before he was dropped onto the floor before the other couch.

Michael tore the sack off his head the second he was let go, looking at Calum and Ashton and rolling his eyes as he scoffed and muttered quietly to himself. Calum waved the two men that had brought Michael in for them out of the room with knowing they'd be standing outside to drag Michael back the same way to wherever they first snatched him up from. He stood as he fixed at his clothes, eyes lit in flames of annoyance and anger as he spoke sharply.

"What the-why the fuck didn't you just call me instead of having me snatched up? Where the hell am I?"

"A hotel, can't have you knowing where our personal life is or anything. And, it's much more fun having other gang's goons do the work of grabbing you up and bringing you to us. It's real nice to have so many favors to collect on for stuff like this but we're here to talk about business! I gave you a week to fix yourself up and get your head on straight about what you want to do about this babydoll."