"Come on. You need to be quick little Alpha. Our endurance has thinned your skin." Brais walked through Levi and I, taking my arm in his hand and dragging me.

"My skin has thinned?" I retorted angrily.

"Means you're getting too skinny." Levi piped from behind us. I pried Brais' fingers from me before he finally let me go.

"There's never enough meat for everyone. You should always make sure you're in the font of the line." Brais kept his gaze forward. I glanced back to Levi and made a face at Brais' stern behavior. Levi had a silent chuckle.

Brais wasn't lying, he piled two servings of meat to my plate for lunch and dinner. Making sure I was walking alongside him before and after each training session.

"You're acting weird." I finally told him when he came out of the bathroom, I was making my bed. He scuffed and slid his bag under the bed, that was his extent of cleaning. The women in his pack really must do everything. It was Friday and some of Brais' friends were coming over to hang out. It was the first social gathering Brais agreed on. I was shocked to hear that summers before me, Brais would always hang out on weekend nights. Apparently he's been boring this summer...

"How am I being weird?" He finally asked.

"You talk to me like I'm your daughter or kid sister. And you grab me up like I'm some dog." I admitted. It only coerced a laugh out of him.

"Well can you at least go back to treating me like a friend again? It's embarrassing when
You act like that in front of the boys." I confided, realizing he's only acting like that when I'm in front of the boys.

"As long as you promise to stop leading Levi on." He snapped. I jolted up and turned to him seated on the couch scowling.

"I don't do that!" I defended. He chuckled and shook his head.

"He's just a nice boy, and he doesn't make me feel gross like the others..." I added. Brais' gaze deepened.

"Levi isn't a boy, he's a 23 year old man. And he has a crush. So stop fluttering your lashes at him." He growled. There was a knock at the door. My heart dropped. They were here, and they probably heard every word that came out of Brais' mouth. He scuffed in amusement and remained in his seat. I scuffed back and opened the door. Levi stood there, awkwardly smiling down at me. I stepped aside and let them in.

No one said anything about what they heard, I'm sure for the sake of Levi's dignity. They all cumulatively cherished Levi's sweet good nature, even the boys that throw me winks and sexually gestures.

I sat on my bed and watched them play cards and share a bottle of whiskey, most of them ignoring me completely. Levi was card-less for the second time, but instead of watching the rest of the game he grabbed the bottle and stood, walking over to me on my bed. He sat next to me, leaning his back against the wall. I smiled when he handed me the bottle. Brais' eyes were glancing in our direction as I took a pull. The boys seemed too busy with their own tasks and loud voices to notice us.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I whispered. He pursed his lips and shook it off.

"Don't be." He took the bottle from me and chugged like his life depended on it; as if washing down his words with the bitter liquid. He hissed at the taste and chuckled softly. Brais was focused on his game but I could tell he was listening in.

"The whole thing sounds very much like me." He laughed. I perked a brow waiting for him to elaborate.

"Crushing on a girl with a mate. I think my wolf likes to torture me." He peered over at me, curious about my reaction to his confession. My face remained stoic. If Arlo were here he would have beaten the poor boys face in for such words. His eyes darted down to my lips, but it wasn't out of lust. He looked at my mouth curiously, as if he'd never felt a girls kiss before.