The New Justice League

Slade Wilson

Slade Wilson.

Jane shudders at the mere sight of the man on the multiple screens of the small group of budding vigilantes.

She stared at the man in military uniform before casting another nervous look at Dick. Ever since the Jeep exploded, she couldn't help glancing at him every few seconds. Just to make sure he was there. She didn't really know why she was reacting like this, but the mere idea that he could have...

It was not important.

She immediately returned her eyes to the screen at Rachel's dreaded question."That's Rose father?"

Right, Rose.

It seems that this is the name of the blonde finally.

"Yup."Jason nodded leaning against the wall next to Jane."The one and only Deathstroke."

Jane shuddered in spite of herself in recognition of the name.

She had left Gotham when he had burst in, but she knew his reputation. Despite the fact that she hated vigilantes, Jane had kept a certain following of this world. So she knew this was not a trivial case for Dick or even the whole team.

They weren't big enough.

Not this time.

"Is that somebody you know?"

Jane immediately glanced at Dick gulp before quickly composing his expression in earnest."Kind of. Old Titans business."

If Gar looked back at the controls in the control room, Jane kept her eyes on the brunet acting strangely. She swallowed at the sight of Dick keeping that slight crease between his eyebrows. He wasn't the most smiling man there was, but he was generally less serious.

"Check it. Train Delta Force commando. Part of H.I.V.E."Gar listed leaving Jane to look back at the screen as Dick walked over to the trio of teenagers."Select soldier who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements."

Jane gulped at this new information as she bit the inside of her cheek in a bad feeling. She couldn't help but hear Alec's warning pop up in her mind again.

"I'll take it from here."Dick suddenly intervened, interrupting Gar and leaving Jane to follow the brunet's tense back in concern.

He turned off the power to the screens leaving Rachel to immediately turn to Jane, frowning in confusion.

Jane licked her lips, shrugging her shoulders visibly equally clueless on the subject before leaning back against the wall as the duplex alarm blared around them.

"So, I guess you changed the code."Donna's voice popped up on the screen leaving Jane to smirk at the exotic brunette's mood.

Unfortunately, that was also her sign to leave.