Chapter 50 MAE DAY

Start from the beginning

Lee held a wet towel to her head but she screamed and screamed. "It's ok, calm down," he said over her cries.

"Give her here. I'll stop the bleeding," Conrads father offered but she started to get sick and Lee held her over the sink just in time. She was beyond hysterical now. All the witching, spelling and things that made you forget how tiny she was were replaced with the little girl who just fell and split her head open screaming 'daddy, owwwww, bwaaahhhhh' and Lee showing once more he was a brilliant father.

"Shhh, baby, it's ok," I said trying to help by stroking her hair as she stopped being sick and turned around the cuddle Lee. Her broken head on his shoulder. That would need stitches I thought as Lee held the towel to it.

"Come and get some lick, licks and I'll make it all better," Conrads father said in a sing song voice. Of course who needs stitches with these two around.

"No," she cried.

"You have to," Lee said and handed her over.

She cried for a few seconds but as I had witnessed before these demons had a knack of making you feel like you were in the safest place in the world. "There we go sweetheart," he said and gently stroked her cheek.

"Daddy," she whimpered.

"I'm here," he said kissing the back of her hand he held. She started to cry for her granddad as she had the first time I had met her at the hospital. She often cried for her grandfather when she hurt herself whether it be a fall in the garden and scraping her knee or a belly ache.

She cried as her first healing kiss not lick was delivered to the wound.

"She's a strong one," Conrad's father said laughing at her in awe. "Let me fix it for you. Stop trying to make yourself taste like mud. Mud and Blood, very good but I have to heal you."

"Nooo, uuuuhhhhh, granddad," she cried.

"Hold on," Lee said pulling out his phone. "I'll see if he is free."

"My head," she cried putting a hand up to her wound which made her cry even harder.

"Hey Dad," Lee said into his phone. "Suri's just cracked her head open falling off that stool you keep telling her to sit on properly. Yeah... we can stop the bleeding but she's been sick so might have concussion and she is crying for you."

I hadn't thought of the that, they can make it stop bleeding but not the impact on the brain. My heart began to panic again.

"Are you sure you're alright to slip away.... Ok I'll see you in a minute," Lee said hanging up.

"I'll get him," Conrad said.

Literally seconds later he was back with Lee's father obviously using a portal. He rushed over to Suri who went to him for a cuddle but got sick again because she moved. He held her tight after she finished and her eye was beginning to swell. She seemed sleepy as he gave her kisses and some sips of water to wash her mouth out.

"No, wake up sweetheart," her grandfather said jiggling her about a bit. "You're are not allowed to sleep when you bang your head. Stay awake while I fix it for you."

She wasn't listening. Her eyes were half closed and her head was floppy.

"Must have been one held of a hard knock," he said to Lee who nodded and looked worried sick.

"Lay her on the counter and I'll seal the wound. You check the rest," Conrads father said.

She was not crying anymore just fighting sleep as her wound was closed. Lee held her hand throughout.

"No wonder she has been putting up a fight, she's been spelling again," Conrads father said rolling his eyes. "Lee whoever the young woman is at work who tried to undo your belt, she has spelled her."

"What woman!" I asked thinking cheeky cow.

Lee shook his head as if it didn't matter.

"She has made her catch every bug going around. Cold, flu, cough, you name it the poor women has had it."

"She is so grounded!" Lee said annoyed.

"Who is this person and why would she be undoing your belt?" I asked.

"We'll take about it later," he said nodding to Suri.

Lee's father was doing something to Suri. I could smell the static. He was obviously healing her.

"Do you want me to find out who this girl is at work and if she is naughty, eat her?" Conrad whispered.

"Yes, yes I do!" I said and I meant it. "But bring her to me so I can scratch her eyes out first!"

"Oooo saucer of milk for one," he giggled.

"If some bloke had been undoing your wife's belt..."

"Ok point taken."

"Don't worry about it, I will get it out of Lee and I am more than capable of dealing with a husband stealer," I said planning to pay the office a visit. "Not that he would cheat... well not without a spell."

Conrad stifled a giggle.

Finally Suri was helped to sit up and went to straight to Lee who was giving her lots of hugs and kisses as she had another little cry. She was feeling very sorry for herself. She felt her head and was told it was all fixed. Shown in the reflection of the oven.

"You were told not to keep kneeling and swinging on that chair," her grandfather said. "Stop sitting on it, you are too small."

"I'll throw them out," Lee replied.

Suri popping her head up from Lee's shoulder, flipping her hand she sent the offending chair smashing out the kitchen window.

"SURI!" Lee, her grandfather and Conrads father all said together.

"I don't like it!" she screamed.

Conrad's father waved his hand and the action was undone as though rewinding a film.

She screamed in temper and tried to head butt Lee. I was horrified. I'd never seen her do that before.

"Oh no you don't," he said and walked off with her into the front room. He sat on a huge comfy sofa and reached for a blanket. Wrapped her up and turned on the TV. He sat there ignoring her crying, flipping to the kids channels with her on his lap. She was in a time out and she knew it.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked feeling a bit useless.

"Yes please. My mother will be back with the twins soon," he said as he stopped on one of Suri's favourite programmes and she settled down to hear it.

"Suri, do you want some cereal?" I asked as we hadn't eat yet.

"Toast," she replied.

"Raspberry Jam?" I asked.

She nodded and watched the TV.

"Lee?"

"Yes please babe," he replied as engrossed in the programme as she was. I would rib him about that later.