chappy 23

Irene

I fluttered my eyes open and saw a huge tattoo of a dragon. I then got up and winced in pain since I was sore.

"Lali, wake up; it's morning." I shook her body, and she groaned before opening her eyes.

She then sat up and nuzzled her head on my neck. I patted her head, and she began planting kisses on my neck.

"Can we shower together?" She mumbled. I got off the bed and shook my head.

"Sorry, Lali, but I have to be early today; I need to go somewhere important."

I chuckled and walked straight to the bathroom to shower. It'd be a problem if Lisa would join me.

We might end up having sex in the shower.

--------------------------

Once I finished showering, I picked up some simple clothes and walked out of the bathroom, seeing Lisa drinking coffee.

"Where are you going? I can drive you there."

Lisa held my waist, and I blushed since she looks gorgeous right now.

"No, it's fine; Seulgi's taking me there."

Her smile dropped, and she immediately let my waist go and sat in her bed.

"Well, have fun, midget. Buy me some food when you get back."

She mumbled, and I hesitantly opened the door. I released a sigh and walked out of my dorm, then I saw Seulgi walking towards me in casual clothes.

"Hey baby, good morning."

She greeted me and kissed my lips softly. I didn't feel anything when we kissed, unlike when I do it with Lisa, but I don't think she felt like that towards me.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked, and she held my hand and then smiled widely.

"Somewhere amazing, I have a surprise for you."

She chuckled, and we both walked out of the building. She then opened the car for me, and I mumbled a small thank you.

This is boring; Seulgi didn't make me feel anything; I just did this for the sake of my mission.

But that will change today.

-----------------

Seulgi and I went shopping and had fun all day. We visited places and stuff, but I still didn't know what her surprise was.

It's now dusk, and I have no idea what's happening.

Our last destination was a fancy restaurant with some romantic music in the background.

"Seulgi, what is really the purpose of us coming here?"

I asked with a sigh, but all of a sudden she stood up from her chair and took some small boxes from her pocket.

When she opened that box, I saw two rings.

"Irene, this is a promise ring. Once we graduate, will you marry me? I know we've been dating for a year, but I will wait for you."

"I'm sorry, I can't," I mumbled, and I stood from my chair.

She stared at me, shocked, and I looked away from her.

"Seulgi, I'm sorry, but we need to break up."

-

"Irene Bae, you have a new mission. It's confidential for now, but your being Seulgi's bodyguard ends today."

My eyes widen in shock, and my boss pats my head while smiling.

"Good job, kiddo. I'll call you for your new mission."