chappy 19

Lisa

"Lisa?" I asked, confused because it was my first time receiving a name.

"Yes, your name is Lisa, and my name is Chaerin," she said. "Let's get out of here, okay?"

I nodded my head slowly, and Chaerin walked out of my house while holding me in her arms gently and not touching my bruised thigh.

Chaerin treated my thighs immediately when she held me, and that made me cry even more because she is the first person to show me kindness.

Mom is always too scared of my dad to approach me, but I still love her because I understand her dad is a very bad man.

I stared at the house once more before turning back.

Since that day, Chaerin had been training me in combat and other things. I was happy that she had taught me a lot of things, but what bothered me the most was that her sister, the one who had adopted me, wasn't my biological mother.

"Mama, why didn't you adopt me?" I asked, frowning a little.

"Well, if you have my last name, you'll be in a lot of trouble. More bad guys will try to kill you, so it's too dangerous," she replied. "Do you understand?"

I saluted and gave Chaerin a toothy grin. "Ma'am! Yes, Ma'am!" I shouted, and she ruffled my hair.

"Okay, back to practice, Lisa," she said. I smiled widely and held my dagger tightly.

I practiced for years until I mastered it all. Chaerin was really proud of me, and she even bought sharp daggers for my nineteenth birthday.

I was so happy that I put heart stickers on them, and Chaerin didn't get mad. I would treasure them forever.

--------------------

I snapped out of my thoughts when the door opened, revealing Irene with a medical kit.

"Come sit here," she said, patting the sink. I groaned and stood up, then sat on the sink and pulled my shirt up.

"Jesus, Lisa," she said, "these cuts need some stitches. Do you think you can endure the pain?"

She asked while disinfecting the wound. I gave her a thumbs-up and she nodded her head in response.

"I'll just finish disinfecting this and I'll stitch you up," she said. "What did you do this time?"

She asked while I stared at the ceiling. "I was caught by those guys and we had a little fun," I muttered. "But they spoiled the fun when one of them stabbed me."

I grimaced when I remembered that guy's name. "I'll start now," Irene said. "Just breathe."

I winced when she began stitching my wounds. I held on to the sink with a scrunched face.

Irene looked up and stifled a laugh because of the state I was in. I chuckled and groaned when I felt the pain again.

"I'm almost done," she said. "Stop twitching."

She giggled and continued stitching quickly but carefully.

I breathed in and out and waited for her to finish. She sighed in relief when she was done.

"Let me get the bandages," she said, "and you need to drink some painkillers if it hurts. Okay?"

I hummed in response. She walked out of the bathroom to get the bandages.

The fuzzy feeling is back again - it's been a long time since I experienced this. It makes me want to hug her.

I touched my thighs, where my scars are. The scars from that night didn't fade or go away because, as Chaerin said, they were too deep and big. I don't like seeing that scar because I keep remembering how badly my dad treated me and my mom, and I can also vividly remember her body lying on the ground.

I just closed my eyes because of those memories.

"I'm back," Irene said. "I brought antiseptic and bandages."

She applied the antiseptic carefully and I watched her so focused on treating my wound.

When she was done, she wrapped a bandage around my wound and sighed happily when her job was done perfectly.

"Good job, midget," I said, patting her head and smiling at her annoying face.