Chapter Ten: Discovered

Okay, this chapter is pretty short, i'm sorry.

And i know i haven't updated in awhile.

My mom was in the hospital and she just got out so please bear with me because i'm the only one who helps her in this house. My brother moved out and my aunt uses the excuse that she has to go to work. I have to go to school and i still help her but whatever.

Anyways, this is more of a filler.

If you have any ideas for this story, please comment me what they are.

I'm running out of things to write about for this story and i don't want it to suck or get boring and i don't want to delete it but if it turns out that i have to then i guess i have to :/

Enjoy until the next update.

Chapter Ten: Discovered

Zayn POV

It’s been so weird without Lexi around here. Sure, I had practice to occupy my time and I also had Lea but there was that one person that was always missing. Lea knew that something was wrong or that Lexi was missing and she would cry at night because she wasn’t there. It was hard putting her to sleep at night and then waking up early in the morning just to get ready for work. I’m not saying that it was a good thing that Lexi was here to take care of my own daughter like some nanny or something. It was just easier to do some things with her here.

“She’ll be back soon mate,” Niall said as he was feeding Lea her breakfast. I just got out of the shower and was too lazy to change my clothes so I just wrapped a towel around my torso.

I sat down at the bar stool and put my head in my hands. “Yeah, I know. It just feels… different.”

“Well, you do like her tons. And the rest of us do miss her but we all know you did that for a good thing and I’m sure she knows that too.”

“But you didn’t see her face when she got into the cab. She didn’t even want me to drive her there to see her off. She hated me.”

Her burped Lea and placed her on his knee. “She’s not all the way there, mate. She knows that you were only trying to help her. No one wants to go to rehab but it’s something that she really needed. That guy messed her up and she needs to get better. She just couldn’t do it on her own anymore.”

I looked up at my Irish little roommate. “Since when did you become the sensible one,” I joked cocking my eyebrow up.

He laughed his hearty laugh. “I’ve been around Liam for too long. He tends to rub off on you.” His face became serious then. “But I do mean what I say. She’ll come around.” I nodded my head and got off of the stool to get me something to eat. Niall wasn’t one to cook for everyone in the house and it was a rare occasion when he did. I didn’t really mind though. I liked cooking sometimes. It surprised me that he even offered to feed Lea while I got ready for the day.

Lexi POV

Alone; that’s what I felt being in here. It’s been nearly a month and I haven’t even changed a bit. I still hated Zayn for putting me in here, I hated the lads for not stopping him from doing it and I hated myself for being in this position. I would say that killing myself would be an option but they took everything from me; no rubber bands, no knives, no razors, no nothing. I would just be in my room, my legs pressed up against my chest as I rocked back and forth, my hair falling in my face.

I was instructed to take medicine but I always threw them back up or pretended to take them. In my mind, I didn’t need them. I was fine being mad at the world and not getting better. I didn’t need to get better. I didn’t want to get better. And I didn’t need someone coming into my room and checking up on me to make sure I was still alive.

“Miss Paulhamus,” a nurse said as she came in. “There’s someone here to see you. Says he’s your brother.” My body stiffened and my eyes widened. My brother? No, it couldn’t be. I left my family behind a long time ago. It wasn’t like it was my choice to leave, more like I was kicked out at a young age for what I was saving up for. I just looked up for the first time in weeks, seeing the shadow of my once young brother.

“Damian?”

Zayn POV

“They say she’s not getting better,” I told Harry as we were on our break and we went to Starbucks. I needed to talk to someone who was willing to listen to me and since Liam was so wrapped up in Dani and Louis with his own girlfriend, Harry or Niall were my only other choice in who to talk with and it was just Harry’s time right now.

“Is she taking her meds,” he asked as he paid the barista.

“They say that she’s not, being that they have a camera hidden in her room. She would take them out of her mouth and hide them, not taking them at all.”

“Have they caught her on it?” I shook my head. “I wonder why she hasn’t been taking them,” he said more to himself.

I ran my hand through my hair. “She hates me, Haz.”

He put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. “She doesn’t really hate you, Zayn and you know this. This had to be done in order for her to get better and get passed what she’s been through. Deep down, she knows you care and that’s why you put her in there. She’ll be okay, Zayn,” he said with a serious face. I nodded my head as I looked back into his green eyes. “And once she gets back, you can fuck her senseless.”

I shoved him away, a playful smile on my lips. “You’re being cheeky again.”

He just laughed. “It’s in my blood.” We picked up everyone’s drinks and headed back out to paps everywhere. We kept our heads down and continued back to the concert hall.

“There’s my girl,” I said as I picked Lea up in my arms. She giggled and extended her hands out and touched my face as she smiled wider. I could see her teeth coming in as well. “You’re so beautiful,” I told her as I kissed her on her forehead.

“She’s beautiful until she needs to get changed,” Louis commented as he walked into my house.

“You never changed her,” I defended as I put her on my hip. She looked around the room before she noticed someone was missing; Lexi. I heard her sigh before she rested her head on my shoulder.

“She knows she’s not here,” Niall pointed out as he sat on our couch. I just nodded my head.

“Do you know when you can call her or something,” Harry asked as he took a seat next to Niall.

I shrugged. “I never really asked them that. I thought it would be better to give her some space to cool down and not hate me.”

“Well why don’t we ask now!” Louis skipped over to me and grabbed my phone out of my back pocket before I could stop me.

“Louis, what are you-“

“Shh!” He put my sleek black IPhone up to his ear as he made the call. “Yes, I’m calling about Nina Paulhamus. I was wondering when it would be okay to speak with her.” I just glared at him as he continued to talk on the phone. “Oh really? May I talk with her now?... Okay, when should I call back?... Okay, thank you very much,” he said before he hung up my phone and put it back into my pocket.

“So,” Liam asked for the rest of us since we were all listening in.

“She has a visitor.”

My body froze. “Who would be visiting her? No one is supposed to know she’s there!”

“Calm down Zayn, you’ll scare Lea,” Harry said comforting as he looked at her small figure. I sighed and nodded my head.

“Did you know she has a brother?”

“She has a what?!”