Chapter Six: Near Death

Merry Christmas! Sorry this upload is kinda late but this was the only time i could do it and i wanted to make this chapter good so hopefully it is :D

Happy Harrydays ;D

Chapter Six: Near Death

Zayn POV

Watching them wheel Lea out of the burning house made me feel a little bit better. But the worst wasn’t over yet. Lexi- I mean Nina still wasn’t out of the house yet. And by the looks of it, she wasn’t coming out. My heart clenched but no sound came out of my mouth. It was like I was just there and not breathing, like I was dead watching the whole thing.

“Zayn,” someone’s voice brought me out of the trance I was in. “They want to talk to you.” I look over and it happens to be that it was Liam who was the one speaking to me. Nodding my head, I walked over to the police officer with a notepad in hand.

“Do you know how this fire got started,” she asked me as she took down some notes. I shook my head. “Do you know who was in the fire?” I nodded my head. She sighed. “I know that you’re shocked but we need to know everything.”

“T-the baby in the fire is my daughter, Lea. There was supposed to be another girl in here. About 5’2’’, wavy brown hair, light skin and brown eyes.”

“There was no one else in the house when we went in. Once the flames go down, we’ll look for her. Anything else?”

I nodded my head. “I got this text from an unknown number before this happened.” I showed her the messages. “I don’t know who they could be from.”

“Where did you meet this Lexi?”

“I…I met her outside of this club a month ago. She looked beaten up and cold so I brought her home. She was standing on the corner.” She looked at me skeptically. “It’s not what you think. I didn’t sleep with her, I didn’t ask for her services. I just provided her with a home and such.”

She nodded her head. “Well, by the sound of it, this person might be her pimp looking for her. I understand you were trying to help her out, but you have to understand the danger you put her in. Pimps are dangerous people and will do anything to get their hookers back.”

I clenched my fists by my side. “Don’t call her that!”

She looked taken aback. “I’m sorry sir but that’s what she is. Can you tell me the club you went to? I might be able to find her and take her home as well as catch the guy that did this to your home and daughter.” I told her the name of the club and the exact place that I saw her. She let me walk back to the lads who just watched as the firefighters went inside the now burned house.

“What does this mean,” Niall asked as we kept his eyes on the house. “Where do we go?”

“It’s not like we can’t buy a new house, Niall,” Louis said beside him as he put his hand on his shoulder. “The better question is how is Lea and where’s Lexi?” We all nodded our heads and then they turned to face me.

“Are you okay mate,” Harry asked, his voice dripping with worry and concern.

“Do I look alright?” I was near to tears now. “The house is gone as well as Lexi and my daughter is being rushed to the hospital! I just know that this is my fault somehow.” I ran my hands through my black hair. “Whether you guys believe me or not, Lexi wouldn’t just leave Lea like that in a burning house. She wouldn’t start a fire either. She’s not like that at all.”