《 13 》

Y/N's POV

"Why don't we hang out a bit in my room today. I think you've been stuffed up in your room enough and maybe some new scenery would do you some good," Eunji suggested after I had finished my breakfast. "And we'll let everyone else know so you don't have to worry about anyone other than Haru or I being in the room," she said once she saw the look of apprehension that crossed my face. When I agreed, Haru hopped up excitedly from my bed, pulling me with her. They pulled me down the empty hallway into Eunji's room. Once I stepped in, I immediately noticed the two scents that filtered throughout the room, mingling together. One of them I automatically recognized as Eunji's and the other must be her mate's. It was apparent right away that the other scent was Alpha, and I had to constantly remind myself that he wasn't actually in the room. I settled myself down in a spot that smelled the least like him, my gaze landing on this large flat rectangle with what looked like shiny black glass on the front of it, resting on the wall in front of their bed. I tilted my head to the side, gazing curiously at the rectangle.

"Eunji, what is that?" I questioned, pointing at the black rectangle. Both Eunji and Haru seemed rather shocked that I didn't know whatever this contraption was.

"That's a TV," Eunji stated, pointing at the 'TV'. "Have you never seen a TV before?" She mused.

"We never had one in my house, and I never saw anything like it in my pack when I was little. Maybe just the Head Alpha and his inner circle had them and that's why I never saw one. That's why you have them, right?" I said, voicing my thoughts. After my statement though, Eunji and Haru both held sympathetic expressions.

"No, pretty much everyone in the pack has one..." Haru stated, her voice trailing off in the end.

"Oh..." I looked down at my lap, wringing my fingers out of embarrassment. There's so much I know nothing about. "So, what does this TV do?" I asked, mustering the best smile I could, trying to lighten the mood, hoping to change their pitiful stares or at least divert their attention to something else. I shouldn't keep dampening the mood with my rather pitiful past.

"Well, it plays shows and movies. It's kind of like long moving pictures or a play," Haru said, turning on the TV, trying to explain the contraption to the best of her ability. Immediately a burst of color flooded the screen, along with dialogue and sound effects filtering into the previously silent room. I couldn't help but stare in awe at the people acting on the TV. Why did we never have technology like this in my old pack? I unconsciously moved closer to the TV, sitting down on the floor in front of it so I had a good view. "I guess I know what we're doing today," I heard Eunji chuckle behind me, Haru giggling in agreement. They spent the day showing me an episode of two of their favorite shows and some of their favorite movies. Slowly, we all migrated into Eunji's nest in a small cuddle pile, becoming a tangle of limbs, absentmindedly scenting over each other as we kept our eyes trained on the screen. About halfway through the fourth movie they had wanted to show me, Haru spoke up. "What if we cut your hair?" she suddenly suggested, catching both mine and Eunji's attention as she played with the end of my choppy, nearly waist length hair.

"You want to cut my hair?" I questioned, curious by her sudden suggestion but not turned off by it. It would make sense to cut it shorter. It'd make it a lot more manageable for when I go back to rogue territory, as it is always catching on things or attracting twigs and leaves to get caught in the constant tangles. Haru nodded, and I agreed. I only worry about the outcome, seeing as neither Haru nor Eunji were professional hairdressers. They led me to Eunji's ensuite bathroom, sitting me down on a vanity chair they set in the middle of the room, facing away from the mirror hanging over the sinks. Eunji went over to one of the drawers, pulling out a pair of scissors, a hairbrush, a spray bottle filled with water, and a comb.