《 8 》

Y/N's POV

It took Eunji and Haru quite a while to calm me down after the two Alphas left. I just didn't know what to do. One of them couldn't take his cat-like eyes off me, and it just triggered something in me. All I really saw was his eyes, his eyes that bored into me. I noticed his scent was stronger than the other Alpha and he held this aura of authority and strength around him, much stronger than the other Alpha. He must be a Trueblood, which only frightens me more. What I don't understand is why he looked... hurt, maybe even sad, when I began crying and when he was being dragged out. Once the sobs had just become occasional sniffles and hiccups, Haru brought over a small cup of water in a dixie cup. "Thank you," I croaked. I quickly gulped down the water, soothing my dry throat before setting down the cup beside me on the floor. Eunji and Haru both sat down on the floor on either side of me. Eunji slowly and cautiously wrapped her arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to her. I struggled against her grip before slowly relaxing into it, sensing that she wasn't a threat.

"Do you want to talk about it, Y/N-ssi?" Eunji asked softly, trying not to set me off again as she used her cheek to lightly scent the top of my head, surrounding me with her green apple and brown sugar scent.

"I just don't like Alphas, especially Alpha men for that matter," I mumbled, feeling uncomfortable just talking about them.

"And why is that, if you don't mind elaborating?" Haru pressed on, leaning closer. Could I really trust them? I mean I just met them, they're complete strangers.

"What would it matter? I'm not going to be here long anyway. You don't need to know my whole sob story, so just drop it," I said in a defensive tone. They both looked shocked, to say the least, at my change in tone as their eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets.

"What do you mean you aren't going to be here long?" Haru questioned.

"I'm just a rogue. I'm not part of your pack, and I have no connections with it in any way. I don't even know why you brought me here in the first place. You could have just left me where you found me, and I would have been fine in a couple of hours," I said, looking down at my knees. It was quiet for a while, it felt uncomfortable, but I thought the mini-interrogation was over so I relaxed my shoulders, basking in the silence.

"Y/N-ssi how old are you?" Eunji asked. That's an odd question.

"Nineteen, why?"

"Oh, no reason, just curious. I need to go talk to someone, but Haru will stay with you if you need anything or start to feel like talking. Also, we want to keep you here for a bit, monitor your health," Eunji said, getting up and walking out of the room.

"But why? You know what I am, so why haven't I been thrown back out there yet or killed for being on your territory in the first place," I continued to question, not understanding why they were so keen on me staying, or why they were being kind for that matter.

"You know Y/N, not all packs have the same views on rogues, and it's obvious to see you aren't hostile in any way. So, by keeping you here, we aren't putting anyone in the pack in danger," Eunji reasoned, finally stepping out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Eunji's POV

Once Y/N said how old she was, it made sense. She was scared of Alpha males for a reason still unknown to us, but she was also scared of Yoongi because she is too young to identify him as her mate. She must be a part of the majority, where she can identify her mate at the age of 20. I have to tell Yoongi; he needs to know he still has a chance. I knocked on the door of his office before opening it, not waiting for an answer. "Yoongi- oh, Joon, where's Yoongi?" I asked, walking up to my mate, who was alone in the office.