《 5 》

Haru's POV

Waiting until Eunji entered the office before starting, I tried finishing up some paperwork for other patients while also going over some remedies I had brewed. By that time, Yoongi's mate had transformed back into her human form, making it easier for us to do our job. I quickly slipped an extra pair of underwear we had in one of the cabinets on her, trying my best not to look anywhere I shouldn't. I also covered her chest with a small blanket before covering her entire body with a thin sheet. "So, who is she?" Eunji asked once she entered the office, getting various creams, bandages, and other equipment out of the cabinets.

"Yoongi's mate. They found her passed out right outside our borders. Apparently, she's a rogue." I said, assisting Eunji with the equipment.

"Wow really, is it even safe for her to be in the house then?" She asked, taking a worried glance over her shoulder at Yoongi's mate.

"Even if it wasn't safe, Yoongi wouldn't have any of it. Probably rip off anyone's head if they tried to get close to her," I said, chuckling lightly. "Besides, I only think it'd be fair that the Moon Goddess would pair Yoongi with a good person. He deserves it." I walked over to the passed-out Omega. When I went to lift the sheet, I covered her with a loud gasp escaped my mouth when I saw what was under the sheet. Multiple scars covered her skin, along with the small, fresh cuts she must've gained within the last few days. I pulled the sheet off her completely to see how many scars there were. There were so many traveling up and down her arms, torso, even on her legs with most of them seeming to stem from her backside. On top of that she was so skinny. Her ribcage, collarbone, and hip were protruding out, and her stomach was sunken in. Her arms and legs had little to no muscle, they were almost like sticks, and her cheeks looked hollow. Her body was blooming with bruises in almost every color. The sight was horrifying. I clasped my hand over my mouth, feeling sick to my stomach as I flinched away from the bed, dropping the sheet in the process. "Eunji..."

"What's wrong, Haru?" Eunji turned around, closing the cabinet. When she saw the Omega, she gasped as well. She walked up to me, pulling me into her embrace. "Calm down Haru, it's okay," she said, lightly stroking my head to calm me down, scenting lightly over my cheek. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

"But- but what happened to her? She looks... dead."

"I don't know, but we have to do our job right now, and if she wants to talk about it later, she will."

"Okay," I said, inhaling and exhaling a few times, pulling myself together. After doing some tests and X-rays, I grabbed a rag and a bowl of cool water, setting it on the bedside table next to me as I carefully sat on the edge of the bed. I dipped the washcloth into the cold water, then started lightly rubbing it on her skin to help cool her down. Eunji grabbed a second washcloth to do the same thing. The more we dabbed her skin and some of the dirt was wiped away, the lighter it became, making it extremely apparent how pale she was. She already had a fair, slightly sun-kissed skin tone, I'm assuming from the long days under the sun in rogue territory, but the lack of nutrition caused her to appear paler than she was. When we finished, I attached her to an IV while Eunji pulled out a small tube of aloe vera to spread over her scars before bandaging up the cuts that seemed more fresh. Once we treated all the scars, I grabbed a few extra pillows lying on a chair in the corner of the room to elevate her feet. We turned up the air-conditioning before continuing to dab her with a cool washcloth.

"I'm going to get something for her to eat when she wakes up and grab a fresh pair of clothes. Stay here in case she wakes up," Eunji said, walking out the door, leaving me alone with the patient.