《 12 》

Y/N POV

Haru and I were waiting for Eunji to return from taking our dishes to the kitchen when an Alpha's scent invaded our noses. Unlike the other Alphas scents in the house that haven't seemed to really bother me much other than giving me anxiety, this scent just bothered me. I didn't like the scent at all. It was unappealing, bitter, and I just hated it. I quickly scrunched my nose in disgust. It wasn't like a rogue's scent that scared me. It just bothered me for some reason, and I wanted it to leave as soon as possible. Soon a female Alpha walked by, and she glanced at us for a second before scoffing and walking away confidently. I could feel myself almost glaring at her, and my wolf was growling in my head, which was unusual for her. I didn't understand why she had this effect on me. I looked over at Haru and she was looking down at her lap, playing with the hem of her shirt, almost on the verge of tears. "What happened, Haru?" I asked, worriedly. I moved over to her, placing my hands on her shoulders to try and offer some form of comfort. She shook her head, trying to hold back tears. "Was it her?" I asked. She hesitantly nodded in response.

"Yeah, she used to be around a lot, and she made fun of my eyes and my status, among other things. Yoongi made sure she didn't come back after that, but she always manages to find a way to come back every once in a while. I just hate it," she said, her voice cracking every now and then.

"Oh no, Haru..." I said, not knowing what to say, so I just pulled her into my embrace, rubbing her back gently, beginning to release more of my scent to try and calm her down.

"That's why I asked you if you thought my eyes looked weird when I met you, I wasn't sure if you would react or treat me like she did," Haru chuckled dryly, with no hint of humor in it, face buried in my shoulder. I didn't say anything, knowing there was most likely nothing I could say to make her feel better. I could tell she had started crying based on the wet patch forming on my shirt. "She calls me a freak." I felt my unknown hatred for her grow. At least now it had some merit. I can't believe she could say such a thing to such a kind person who's decided to take me in to make sure I heal properly without knowing a thing about me.

"You are anything but a freak, Haru," I said, playing with her hair as she calmed down. A few seconds later Eunji came barreling into the room, looking worried.

"I saw Jieun on her way up, Haru. Did she do anything to you?" She hurriedly asked Haru, who peaked her head out from my shoulder.

"No, she didn't do anything, just her presence alone was enough to bother me." Eunji sighed in relief, sitting next to Haru on the bed, hugging her as well. "I just hope she leaves soon," Haru said, sniffing slightly. Right as she said that three people rushed past the door and then not long after we saw her being dragged down the hall by two guards. When she finally left the house, we all sighed in relief, even though her foul scent still lingered.

"I don't know who she is, but I already hate her," I muttered, earning a small smile from the omegas. We helped Haru calm down when another Alpha's scent entered the house. It was someone who lived here or came here frequently because I've smelled it before. A man that had bunny-like features and doe-eyes knocked on the slightly opened door.

"I felt you become distressed, so I came as soon as I could," he said slightly out of breath, talking to Haru. I felt myself subconsciously hiding behind Eunji, and they all noticed.

"I'll go talk to him outside," Haru said, getting off the bed and walking over to the Alpha, who gave Eunji and I a kind smile before closing the door halfway behind them.

"Who's that?" I mused, staring at the slightly ajar door.

"Jeongguk, Haru's mate," Eunji answered, also staring at the door.